Easy Office
LCI Learning

EVERY QUESTION IS COMPULSORY, NO CHOICE....

Page no : 2

adula... (student) (550 Points)
Replied 01 October 2009

Hahahahaha LOL what a stupid message from the institute .....Dare to face challngs (but this not

at all a chlng for me) here I am

PS Prabhakar (Partner in a CA firm) (930 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

Mr Manish Soni,

My posts containing my letter to the Prez of ICAI (and the council members) and my views are posted elsewhere in the forum. Your advice to the students is well meant, no doubt. But I would rather not you compare the medical profession with that of accounting. My opinion is that we do not need the kind of expertise in the accounting profession as you would need in the medical profession. Those are dealing with human lives and no corrective journal entry is possible there after you do a mistake. In this nation for creating such doctors dealing with precious human lives or for creating engineers who build roads, railways, bridges, flyovers etc. we have all kinds of colleges and institutions - promoted by politicians, who are not known for any quality. And we know that to become a doctor in this nation, all that you need to have is money in tons. In a country which cannot pride itself of producing top quality medical or engineering professionals, why take pride in producing top quality accountants? This is a journal entry profession, after all. And remember, I have the right to say this as I am a CA myself and have been one for the past three decades less one year.  If the ICAI wants expert knowledge, then let them go for open book examination and set questions on case studies, analysis and interpretive skills. I will ask you a question. Have you seen any imposing library of medical books in a doctor’s clinic and would you be able to trust any doc who would turn to open a book to find out a cure for a disease? Would you not feel an instant fear in your mind that if the doc tells you that the specific problem that you complain about was in a chapter that he left out in choice in examination? On the other hand, you can of course see an intimidating looking library in almost every CA’s office. And the clients coming to a CA’s office would, in fact, be happy and more confident if his CA refers a book to answer a query! In this nation, you have choices in medical course examinations and you are actually supporting for a no choice situation in CA exams when, as such the syllabus is huge and ever expanding (but not necessarily useful and practical-oriented! - for instance, systems audit has an insignificant passing reference in MICS paper and students are not at all exposed to the nuances of world trade, GATS, WTO, currency trading etc.).  When a CA, after passing can actually, proudly and without having any trace of compunction, refer books and deal with situations (I don’t have any complaint over this – it has to happen this way only), why trouble him/her when he/she writes the examination like this? And why make things more difficult by demoralizing them when they are at a revision stage? Your advice not to criticize the Institute is comical. Today the institute is run by insensitive people and they deserve to be eulogized or what? We are not talking about fast bowling, my dear, but bodyline bowling.

Prabhakar

1 Like

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114768 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

Hello,

Don't loose heart. No need/benefit to fight against ICAI policies. Observe the below mentioned points:

1. Plan your study

2. Don't waste your time in useless discussions.

3. Read everything connected with your course. At least give a reading to everything.

4. Improve your recalling power.

5. Start your paper as early as possible.

Just be confident. All the Best

1 Like

anshul bafna (student) (522 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

Mrutyunjay (B.Com ( Hons ) PCC Articled Assistance)   (55 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

Thanx yaar......

(Guest)

THX ANSHUL.. I THINK U SAVED MANY

I THINK U MUST POST IT ON THE TOP OF THE FORUMS OR MAY B THE SITE.. SO THAT THIS CLARIFICATION IS SEEN BY ALL

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: