Error while e-filing

Hello Friends, 

I wanted to e-file a return but while selecting the DSC, I am getting an error- Fakepath, cannot select file for signing.
I have already updated my Java to update 30 and the JAVA is working fine in MCA. Kindly suggest what should I do ?

Replies (8)

> Create a folder named as “fakepath” in C drive of your computer.

> Copy the XML file in this fakepath folder.

> Upload the file by browsing through this folder.

Enable the custom settings. in ur browser boss .!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Completely Agree with the procedure given By Deepak Gupta above.....I also think that procedure will solve your Problem.....

JUST ADD THE INCOMETAXINDIAEFILING SITE IN TRUSTED SITES IN INTERNET EXPLORER AND U WILL B ABLE TO UPLOAD UR RETURN. IT WILL WORK 100%

Agree with Rahul ....!

 

and change your security settings in Tools option

I think The solution given by deepak Gupta is appropriate..but I request someone to explain me logic behind the solution and how can the problem gets solved only because of the name of the file being 'fakepath'.

@ all - Thank U So much...

 

I could successfully uploiad the return after following the method of fakepath. thanx a lot Please tell me how to enable the custom settings in my browser? I am using Google Chrome

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details