Entry for medicines expired /self breakage

I am medicine wholesale ,

I received some expired medicines from retailer ,which I can not return to company due to some conditions .

How do I show this in my loss account ? 

I am using MARG ERP software and when I am trying remove the same from SCRAP store using BRK/EXPIRY issue it gets added to B2C in GSTR1 outward sale .

What is the correct entries to do such that it is shown in loss only as this is non saleable goods which I cant return back to company .

Replies (1)

You don’t have customer options, that’s not an issue with revenue recognition. Loss should be debited and check disclosures. Your not an agent because risks and rewards were transferred to you. Scrap is not the criteria for this situation. Your not a consignee as well and you own the profits. 

On the whole, just recognise a loss. Your ERP business is yours and transfer the loss accordingly.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details