Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

C.M.A SHANKAR JAYAN (Probationary Officer at South Indian Bank)     09 May 2016

Employee name spelled wrong under pf

hi, while filling EPF ECR for First time ive made a mistake by mispelling the name of an employee, how can I correct the same. The return has already been filled.Please help me out

7 Replies

U S Sharma

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com)     11 May 2016

Nothing to worry 

correct the same in next ECR, and file the next ECR with correct NAME 

----------------------------------------------------

from ECR portal, download the missing details "Annexure II" ( not available from 7th to 20 of the month) 

enter the correct details, DOB/DOJ/ Father/ Spouse Name/ Mobile number and flag "N" in international worker , upload the same, ( detail instruction is available on the portal) 

it would be rectified by the department after next ECRs

2 Like
Nav__

Nav__ (Consultant)     16 May 2016

Hello. I have a similar problem, but in this case, my current employer is unable to transfer the amount from the account with my previous employer because online the message that is shown is that the date of birth entered does not match. I feel that it could be because my previous account was not even available online (because it was created many years ago) that the date of birth is showing a mismatch. I wrote a greviance to the EPF office and they replied "The xyz ltd.) is an exempted establishment, having exemption under EPF Scheme 1952. Hence, you are requested to contact your previous employer i.e. The tata power company ltd for the same. ".

My previous employer is not cooperating with the details.

Now if I have to submit a date of birth correction form, what should I mention in the "wrong" field of this correction form? https://www.planmoneytax.com/epf-name-change-form-dob-change/

Is it ok if I mention the correct date of birth in the "correct" column and write "unknown" in the "wrong" column?

U S Sharma

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com)     17 May 2016

Originally posted by : Nav
Hello. I have a similar problem, but in this case, my current employer is unable to transfer the amount from the account with my previous employer because online the message that is shown is that the date of birth entered does not match. I feel that it could be because my previous account was not even available online (because it was created many years ago) that the date of birth is showing a mismatch. I wrote a greviance to the EPF office and they replied "The xyz ltd.) is an exempted establishment, having exemption under EPF Scheme 1952. Hence, you are requested to contact your previous employer i.e. The tata power company ltd for the same. ".

My previous employer is not cooperating with the details.

Now if I have to submit a date of birth correction form, what should I mention in the "wrong" field of this correction form? https://www.planmoneytax.com/epf-name-change-form-dob-change/

Is it ok if I mention the correct date of birth in the "correct" column and write "unknown" in the "wrong" column?

https://oeoea.epfoservices.com/UANDEDUP/

if your KYC is seeded through your present employer and data is correct as DOB/Name/Father/spouse name 

then visit this site and login with present UAN and present member id, it will allow you to file the claim, and will generate transfer request, 

take a print out , sign the same and send to previous employer, they will digitaly approve the same 

--------------

alternate 

submit a physical tranfer in form 13, signed by your present employer to your present EPF office, it will take two weeks time, as this office will send the same after KYC verification and dob verification, where the old office has to accept and execute the same, as one office has verified it. 

1 Like
Nav__

Nav__ (Consultant)     20 May 2016

Thank you.

Noor Ahammad

Noor Ahammad (Hr)     04 November 2016

Hi Sir,

Greetings,

I am an Hr executive and recently started to deal with PF stuff hence there are some issues in employee data correction. for present employees, we can able to make the changes through ECR and annexure2 then can we follow the same for the resigned employee as well or do we have to submit the joint declaration at PF office.

Thanks in advance
Noor Ahammad.sk

U S Sharma

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com)     08 November 2016

@ noor

please post the dispute one by one,

each dispute is unique under EPF and have seperate set of  procedure to follow 

Nav__

Nav__ (Consultant)     25 March 2021

About the problem I posted in this thread, I did a series of persistent followups with my previous employer. Since the company had its own PF trust, the passbook details were not available from the EPFO website. So they sent me a screenshot of what my profile looked like on their system. Then the problem became evident. My name was entered as "Mr.MyName" instead of "MyName". The "Mr." was causing the mismatches during the UAN activation etc. Also, my date of birth was not entered. After I reported the problem to them they entered all necessary details and I could proceed. The EPFO website won't allow you to proceed if even minor details are not entered. For example, if you want to withdraw money, and your date of joining EPF is entered in the system but the EPS date of joining isn't entered, the web app will show an error. Then you have to contact your previous employer again and ask them to enter the details. I don't know how people whose companies have shutdown are managing to go through all these hassles.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags