Eligibility criteria for cha exam

Dear Members I am currently pursuing my MBA in International Business domain from University of Delhi. I will be completing my masters by May 2017. Having studying about international trade for the past one and half years, I have developed interest in applying for CHA exam and hence I want to know about the eligibility criteria for the same. Given the course that I am pursuing, am I eligible to appear for CHA exam? Your kind reply is awaited. Thanks in advance!
Replies (7)

This exam is held in the month of January every year conducted by Central Board of Excise & Customs(CBEC) and Directorate General of Inspection Customs & Central Excise(DGICCE).Applications are invited for this exam in the month of October every year as per Customs Brokers Licensing Regulations (CBLR), 2013.

The eligibility condition as per Regulation 5 of CBLR 2013 is that an applicant should be a citizen, a person of sound mind, is not adjudicated as insolvent and confirms financial viability by a certificate issued by a scheduled bank or such other proof acceptable to Commissioner of Customs evidencing possession of assets of value of not less than Rs.5 lakhs. Further an individual applicant or in the case applicant is a firm or company its partner or director or an authorized employee shall be a graduate from a recognized university and possess a professional degree such as Masters or equivalent degree in Accounting , Finance or Management, CA./CMA./ MBA/LLB or Diploma in Customs Clearance work from any institute or university recognized by the Government or is having at least two years experience in transacting Customs Broker as G card Holder. The applicant may also be a retired Group A officer from the Indian Customs and Central Excise Services having a minimum of 5 years experience in Group A service. Other conditions that need to be fulfilled by the applicant are:

(i) The applicant has neither been convicted by a competent Court for an offence nor any criminal proceeding is pending against him in any Court of law;

(ii) The applicant has not been penalized for any offence under the Act, the Central Excise Act and the Finance Act, 1994.

Dear sir, I am pursuing my m com. I just wanted to know that can I sit in this cha exam after mcom pass means master degree in commerce is valid or not.

Mcom degre are valid for CHA exam 

Can someone explain in brief about the CHA exam ?

FOR STUDY MATERIAL OF CHA EXAM CAONTACT ME ON sandeep170372 @ gmail.com

Dear Members ,Do pursuing Distance MBA in any specialization from a recognized University for 2 years valid for CHA Exam?? Please clarify

Hello,

 

I just want to ask something which MBA spencialization is required for CHA exam F card.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details