ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Efilling with digital signature big problems

GOVIND BANSAL (PARTNER) (138 Points)

21 July 2010  

Dear All
have anybody filled erturns for AY 10-11 with digital signature , kindly let me know , beacuse while filling returns with digital signature fakepath error is coming . i just want to know that if that is problem with everyone (in the depts portal error ) or that is error of my computer or settings .

if it is general problem i think it is right time to make a representation to the department collectively


 19 Replies

shivaprakash (CA-Final) (100 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

dear all,

 

Can anybody tell me the best method to know the First, Middle and Surname of the PAN

Card holder, it will help me to register our clients with income tax website.

Best regards,

Shivaprakash.

Pankaj Gulati (Tax Advisor) (81 Points)
Replied 15 August 2010

I feel digital signatures should be made optional for all like earlier...

Kannan (Articles Student) (21 Points)
Replied 10 September 2010

Originally posted by : Pankaj Gulati

I feel digital signatures should be made optional for all like earlier...

yup... they should be made optional...

moreover the site is not proper...

its really hard for the new users to login with digital signature.

its comes with an error stating " problem please contact DIT administrator or try later" actually m trying for three days...

Mohit Verma (Graduate, CA Student) (26 Points)
Replied 11 September 2010

PAN based DSC are required for digitally signing the ITR.

Can anybody tell how to verify that the DSC is PAN based or not?

Viraj (Financial Analyst) (26 Points)
Replied 11 September 2010

Digital signatures should be made compulsary for only those 'persons' who r having taxable income of more than Rs. 50 lac.

IN VASHANTHAN (CA STUDENT) (46 Points)
Replied 14 September 2010

I have filed two cases of Companies (ITR-6) with Digital Signatures WITH PAN encrypted. While getting DSC with PAN from the Issuer , they person told me that the name i mentioned in the DSC application form should be the same the PAN card name , else DSC won't get registered in the IT website. But , thats not true. I bought DSC in which the name is not exactly the same as in PAN (for Eg: Name in PAN - Iniyan Vashanthan , Name in DSC - I.Vashanthan, we can still file the return provided the given below steps are followed correctly) In the circular nothing is  mentioned that the Director name in DSC should be the same as their PAN name. Here are some tips in case you are finding difficult to get DSC registered or error while filing return even after registering successfully.

1. Get the DSC with PAN in your client name (for eg: S. Murugan) 

2. Register your DSC with PAN in IT Efiling website with the same PAN as given in DSC

3. While preparing return make sure in the KeyPersons/ Director's column the same name as in DSC is given along with the same PAN

4. In the verification section ( ie : I, S.MURUGAN son of SHIVA, holding permanent account number AAAAA0000A solemnly declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the information given in this return and the schedules...........) give the same NAME and PAN as in the DSC

5. File the return . 

 

If you have a DSC which has validity till now and bought before this DSC with PAN came into force, you still can file the return with old DSC

1. While registering the old type DSC , the IT website checks whether the DSC name and the last year's return's(if you are filing A.YR- 2010-11, it checks A.YR -2009-10) Keyperson/Director's name is MATCHED and registers the DSC.

2. Even in this case better make sure , the Name in the  Verification section also matches with the DSC .

3. File the Return .  

 

 

 

1 Like

Sumit (PR) (336 Points)
Replied 23 September 2010

hi vashanthan, please solve my query posted on the forum.thanks

IN VASHANTHAN (CA STUDENT) (46 Points)
Replied 25 September 2010

Originally posted by : GOVIND BANSAL

Dear All
have anybody filled erturns for AY 10-11 with digital signature , kindly let me know , beacuse while filling returns with digital signature fakepath error is coming . i just want to know that if that is problem with everyone (in the depts portal error ) or that is error of my computer or settings .

if it is general problem i think it is right time to make a representation to the department collectively

If you are using Chrome or IE8 and above , you will get fakepath error while signing . Use older IE versions like 6 or use FIrefox. 

 

Sharangdhar (CPA CISA exp in IFRS )   (264 Points)
Replied 15 October 2010

I got this error

Validation Error

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
 

 

  1. The PAN mentioned by you does not match any Director PAN in the Incometax returns filed earlier for this Company.
  2. The issuer name present in the DSC does not match with the name as per PAN Database of the key person
  3. Please register using a new DSC with PAN issued after 01/08/2010.

What is to be done now? Can anyone help?

 

Parixit Namdhar (CA) (131 Points)
Replied 16 October 2010

Shiv Prakash

To get the name in pan data base there is way you can use

1. go to tin-nsdl site

2. click epayment of taxes online

3. select form 280 for deposit of I Tax

4. Put PAN in right space

5 complete fill form as u r paying tax without having concern with worng name

6. click procced

7 you got the name in verfication tamplete just appearing after clicking proceed write down the right name.

Have a good day

PRAMESH KUMAR (HOME) (23 Points)
Replied 09 January 2011

Hi; i am not able to digitally sign the html file by eToken Pro neither through Internet Explorer nor throutn Firefox.  My certificate is correctly installed in both. In firefox i am getting a message that some parts of html document are not accessible please check applet parameters.  I can sign the html file with .pfx file in soft file.  I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Operating system and installed Java 6 update 23(latest). Will anybody suggest me the remedial action to digitally sign the return with eToken Pro.

Regards
 

IN VASHANTHAN (CA STUDENT) (46 Points)
Replied 09 January 2011

Originally posted by : PRAMESH KUMAR

Hi; i am not able to digitally sign the html file by eToken Pro neither through Internet Explorer nor throutn Firefox.  My certificate is correctly installed in both. In firefox i am getting a message that some parts of html document are not accessible please check applet parameters.  I can sign the html file with .pfx file in soft file.  I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Operating system and installed Java 6 update 23(latest). Will anybody suggest me the remedial action to digitally sign the return with eToken Pro.

Regards
 

Is the Token Pro the NEW 64k token ? If so , you need to install the proper driver for that token. The drivers for the 32k token wont work with 64k, it will clash.  Try installing the 64K driver in a new pc (where the 32k drivers were never installed) and check . I am not sure , why the error is for a html file , when u are uploading a xml file. Try posting a screenshot of the error here.

PRAMESH KUMAR (HOME) (23 Points)
Replied 09 January 2011

hi:  my etoken pro is 32 bit for which i have installed the latest driver 'PKIClient-x32-5.1-SP1' and working fine in windows 7.  however when in digitally signinng the xml file with etoken following error message is comiing:

In firefox - Unable to access some of the fields of the HTML form.  Please  check the applet parameters.

In Internet Explorer - Cannot read the file for signing C:\fathpath\ITR1_AGPPK0000L

The eToken pro works well in Windows XP system. What should i do that the device work in win 7 ultimate the system i am using in my personal laptop.

Regards

Pramesh

IN VASHANTHAN (CA STUDENT) (46 Points)
Replied 10 January 2011

Originally posted by : PRAMESH KUMAR

hi:  my etoken pro is 32 bit for which i have installed the latest driver 'PKIClient-x32-5.1-SP1' and working fine in windows 7.  however when in digitally signinng the xml file with etoken following error message is comiing:

In firefox - Unable to access some of the fields of the HTML form.  Please  check the applet parameters.

In Internet Explorer - Cannot read the file for signing C:\fathpath\ITR1_AGPPK0000L

The eToken pro works well in Windows XP system. What should i do that the device work in win 7 ultimate the system i am using in my personal laptop.

Regards

Pramesh

Ok. Actually , i received the same fakepath error when i tried to sign with the IE browser. That was because i installed the latest IE in win XP. After i reversed back to the old IE versions , it worked fine. But , that time i used Firefox to upload with no problems. Seems you have security problems.
 Try the following:

1.In IE , try to set the Security Settings in Options to LOW

2. Try another browser like Chrome or Opera

3. Try reinstalling Java and when asked for the security question while uploading the DSC , " Select - Always trust from this publisher " .


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  





Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags