I have filed two cases of Companies (ITR-6) with Digital Signatures WITH PAN encrypted. While getting DSC with PAN from the Issuer , they person told me that the name i mentioned in the DSC application form should be the same the PAN card name , else DSC won't get registered in the IT website. But , thats not true. I bought DSC in which the name is not exactly the same as in PAN (for Eg: Name in PAN - Iniyan Vashanthan , Name in DSC - I.Vashanthan, we can still file the return provided the given below steps are followed correctly) In the circular nothing is mentioned that the Director name in DSC should be the same as their PAN name. Here are some tips in case you are finding difficult to get DSC registered or error while filing return even after registering successfully.
1. Get the DSC with PAN in your client name (for eg: S. Murugan)
2. Register your DSC with PAN in IT Efiling website with the same PAN as given in DSC
3. While preparing return make sure in the KeyPersons/ Director's column the same name as in DSC is given along with the same PAN
4. In the verification section ( ie : I, S.MURUGAN son of SHIVA, holding permanent account number AAAAA0000A solemnly declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the information given in this return and the schedules...........) give the same NAME and PAN as in the DSC
5. File the return .
If you have a DSC which has validity till now and bought before this DSC with PAN came into force, you still can file the return with old DSC
1. While registering the old type DSC , the IT website checks whether the DSC name and the last year's return's(if you are filing A.YR- 2010-11, it checks A.YR -2009-10) Keyperson/Director's name is MATCHED and registers the DSC.
2. Even in this case better make sure , the Name in the Verification section also matches with the DSC .
3. File the Return .