Easy Office

Efilling with digital signature big problems

Page no : 2

PRAMESH KUMAR (HOME) (23 Points)
Replied 10 January 2011

Thanks a lot. After changing the security settings in Options to Medium from Medium High in nternet Explorer in Win 7 OS my eToken Pro is working fine now.  I am able to digitally sign the income tax return xml file. 

again thanks a lot for your support.

e-CommIT (Owner) (21 Points)
Replied 25 March 2011

The error is usually faced by people using Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) or Google Chrome. Its not because of e-Token or DSC.

In IE8, You can resolve this through any one of the following 3 ways:

1. In IE8, Add "https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in" to your Trusted Sites:

Go To Tools>Internet Options>Security>Trusted Sites>Sites
  2. OR, In IE8, Change Security Settings:

Go to Tools>Internet Option>Security>Custom

Enable "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server"

(You can find it at almost at the end)
  3. OR, Create folder named "Fakepath" in C: & copy the xml file in this folder.

In non-technical terms,

As per HTML5 (website programming language), during file upload the real local path of the selected file should not revealed, unless it's a trusted site. Since IE8 supports this specification (as compared to older versions of IE), its default security setting results in "fakepath" error (if the site is not added to your "trusted sites" list). As such, you will be able to upload your return once you apply the security setting as recommended above. 

Please visit our Digital Signatures page to get your DSC now.

nikhiltonpe (student) (22 Points)
Replied 24 July 2011

during filing using digital signature a message is coming " cannot sign  the file "panno.xml "

please help me and let me know how to solve this problem

MEHUL SHAH (Auditing Taxation XBRL Training )   (440 Points)
Replied 26 July 2011

In IE8, Change Security Settings:

Go to Tools>Internet Option>Security>Custom

Enable "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server"

ALso, if you are still facing problems filing your returns, try uploading returns through E-filing Gateways Softwares like itreturn.in , www.taxorigin.com , or taxspanner.com or taxsmile.com. www.taxorigin.com has a really good interface for digitally signing of return and it does offer free registration unlike other websites.

yatin naik (tranee) (21 Points)
Replied 13 March 2012

hi.. urgent help required.. while efilling i face following problem with digital signature:

* after clicking upload it says "signature_validity_false - please rectify above error "

i have already uploaded return of ay 2010-11 ... and now  same day i was trying to upload for ay2011-12 of same company but it shows above error..

please check the attachment i have pasted the screenshot of the error.

thanx, awaiting for help...

Attached File : 335319 947021 signature validity false.doc downloaded: 142 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: