CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

education loan u/s 80e

harish .k (STUDING)     11 July 2010

harish .k
 28 likes  306 points

| My Other Post

hi, to every one

my query is can an assessee can claim  deduction on repayment of education  loan i,e  is principal repayment as deduction u/s 80e ( as per my knowledge u/s 80e interest part only can claim as deduction i, e is also up to 8 yr's ).

for e.g Mr A. (father) has as taken loan for Rs 200000/-  for his son's education from a nationalised bank , after an yr his son got a job and suppose he is reppaying the installment of loan , can the son can claim deduction u/s 80c or not only father can claim , pls reply




vishnupriya (CA Final)     12 July 2010

CA Final 
 150 likes  1418 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Loan should be in the name of Individual: - Deductions on education loan can only be claimed if the loan has been taken in your own name. If your parents, spouse or sibling has taken the loan for your studies, then you are not entitled to get tax benefit.



harish .k (STUDING)     14 July 2010

harish .k
 28 likes  306 points

View Profile | My Other Post

thanks vishnu priya , for replying & providing the link............:)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x