E-filed ITR-2 instead of ITR-1

Hi Friends,


I tried e-filing for the first time this assessment year. I have income from salary and income from a house for which I am repaying home loan as well. Initially I uploaded an ITR-2 and got ITR-V. I had to pay excess tax than deducted from TDS and came to know that I could pay it online in NSDL website. I paid the same and uploaded the revised ITR-2 after a few days. I got an ITR-V for this as well. I haven't sent both the ITR-V's to CPC yet.


Now, I came to know that the correct ITR for my category is ITR-1 and not ITR-2 through my friend. What would be the best possible way to correct this mistake?

1) E-file ITR-1 with the income details under "revised" category quoting the acknowledgment number? In this case which acknowledgment number should i quote?

2) Don't send both the ITR-V's received which makes these e-filing's null and void and file a fresh ITR-1 under "original" category?

Or is there some other procedure?

 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Harish J

Replies (4)

i think there is no problem

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks a lot for your response.


Do you mean to say the ITR-2 that i uploaded is fine? Shall I post the ITR-V to CPC then?

If you have filed revised return, then send original and revised copy of ITR-V at CPC centre.

Thanks for your clarification Dheeraj and Pragnesh. I will do the same. Your reply leaves me relieved :)

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details