Share More

Duty free import

shibu (Accountant)     27 February 2011

shibu
Accountant 
 8 likes  325 points

| My Other Post

Let me tell you some facts about a 100 % EOU:
The Company (EOU) during its initial 5 year period made exports to the tune of 40 lacs but till the end of its 4 th year never made any duty free import of raw materials.
The exported products were made out of raw materials purchased from India after paying applicable duties and taxes.
But during the end of the 5th year, the company made duty free import to the Tune of 52 lacs and thus resulted in a negative NFE. The Director STPI rejected its application for renewal of licence stating this negative NFE as one among the several reasons. Other reasons were delay in submitting documents such as renewed lease deed, audit report, Extract of minutes authorising one of the Director to sign the Application for renewal. Audit report for the first financial year was later on produced and other documents were also submitted to him. But due to the delay in submitting documents and because of this negative NFE, the Director passed his order rejecting the Application for renewal. Now an appeal was filed with the DGFT regarding the matter. However the company during its normal course of business is manufacturing products for export and for sales within the country. 
The materials imported duty free was kept in Bonded area and which needs to be released for supplying to Govt Department free of Cost. Can any one help me in this subject.

avater

Aditi Kaur (Practising CA)    1 September 2020

CCI Online Learning offers a library of courses for CA/CS/CMA Aspirants from the best faculties in India. Our top notch courses aim to make your journey from a student to a professional, a successful one. To promise a successful career as a professional CCI Online Learning also offers programs like Financial Modeling, MS Excel, IFRS/IND AS Certification Courses that will help you take your career to the next level. Check out the free demo videos here https://www.caclubindia.com/coaching/

avater

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA ( CS PURSUING )     28 February 2011

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA
CS PURSUING  
 2330 likes  43798 points

View Profile | My Other Post

WHAT IS THE QUERIES???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register