Due to the rounding off in excel my Total tax and Interest payable is showing as extra by INR 10
I had filed my returns online. The Total tax payable was INR28545 and for this the Total TDS deducted was INR28545, therefore the Total tax payable should be 0. However when rounding off it shows the The Total tax payable was INR28550 which gives a deficit of INR10 when rounding off and as a result of this my tax payable is showing as 10 instead of 0.
I have not yet submitted the ITR V due to this. Please let me if I will have to pay this Rs 10 or do I need to upload my return again and adjust to show the difference.
I also read u/s 143(1) of Income tax act if “NET AMOUNT REFUNDABLE /NET AMOUNT DEMAND” is less than Rs 100 then no payment is required so can I go by this and send the ITR V to the CPC.
Please let me know.
u send as it is filed ITR-v form to CPC Bangalore for Assessment and when Intimation u/s 143(1) received ,then as per intimation if demand is raised by IT deptt then u pay Rs. 10/- otherwise no need.
If payable is more than 100 Rupees then only Income Tax Department send Demand Notice,
In Your case Liability is very less, Dont Varry about it.
But now a days if it shows a Payable of Even Rs10 then you will receive a Demand Notice under Section 143(1) better to Pay it off after receiving Notice, otherwise no need to pay Demand Raised below Rs 100
Today I have uploaded my IT Return Online and downloaded the ITR V. I have small confusion regarding the entries in ITR V. SNo. 4 Net Tax Payable : 51515, SNo. 5 Interest Payable: 0, SNo. 6 Total Tax and Interest Payable : 51520, SNo. 7e TDS ( Total Tax Paid) : 51519 SNo. 8 Tax Payable: Zero, SNo. 9 Tax Refund : Zero, It is showing a difference of Rs 1 (SNo. 6 minus Sno.7e) Please let me know if my Return is OK and I can go ahead and sent the ITR V to the CPC. Thanks in Advance Ajay