Easy Office

Does articleship help in clearing your CA exams?

Page no : 2

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

Articleship does not help ANYONE greatly... But yes, various practical aspects, that we may skip from the books or at our coaching classes, are completely covered by our articleship...

Various small aspects in tax, some common aspects in audit, are always learned from articleship.. While, to study such topics from books, we find it boring, but then whn v practically get involved in these things, v enjoy....

So, yes articleship helps us, but not at very huge level....

Abhijit Korgaonkar (Final Student) (1243 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

i think articleship does help students but in a very limited way i.e. only in subjects of audit, tax and little in accounts. but more than the articleship, it is the exam leave during articleship that helps in clearing exams....

viral bhagdev (student) (46 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

i feel that articleship doesn't help in any way in clearing the exams as practical is totally diffrent from theory. i think inclusion of subject like mics in ca finals is damn mistake, after becoming ca have u seen any ca working in this field?? computer training which we received before finals is sufficient to have computer knowledge...

Abishek (Student) (1108 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

It depends on amount of training 1 gets 

CA CS Mohan Kumar B.N. (partner) (118 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

It depends upon the firm, partners, seniors....if these three things are good i am telling u it helps a lot....for me i always remember my principal who helped me a lot by giving lot of responsibility work, which in turn made me to become  CA in first attempt....

CA Sidhi Gaur (Chartered Accountant) (247 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

if u r lucky n get exposure den it cn rly help to understand practical concepts...but from exam point of view it is of no use..

CA Ankush Agiwal (Businessman) (62 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

it depend on which field we r working and if we have taken exp in diff field then its helpful otherwise  not as in final exam there is need of expertise in all field

Rock on (CA Final) (340 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

Originally posted by :Abhijit K.
" i think articleship does help students but in a very limited way i.e. only in subjects of audit, tax and little in accounts. but more than the articleship, it is the exam leave during articleship that helps in clearing exams.... "

I am agree with Abhijit k.

CA Pushpendra Gaur (CA in L & T) (2843 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

you all guys may not have learned the real meaning of training. its the platform, we can experience the happenings of ur learnings in the theory, Theory is the base for practical. Untill and unless u r solid in theory you can't understand the meaning of the subjects in their real meaning. even inn small firm a people can learn much than in big firm. even the members of small firms are cooperative than the Corporates which runs on rules and set standards only.

It depends on the way how you approach training. if had interest in training, you can understand the real meaning of the theory and moreeven, in papaers like Indirect tax,Accountancy, Audit, Law its very helpfful. I feel very sorry for someones comment that IT is theoritical. Remember in \todays world, no building can be built without foundation, its all about the future where you all had to step in, its not works on the paper but on electronic data. Until and unless you know the importance of basic terms, how can you interpret fault in large information system.

It all about your thinking about the thing thats make the different. Bada socho aur bada pao. Ek gareeb k paas Car nahi hoti phir bhi woh usme chalne k sapne dekhta hai, so what you are not working in large firms, be prepared yourself to work at the largest level.

Moreoover, in large firms too many people have restrictive knowledge not full knowledge.

Understand the theory in real terms and learn its real meaning, why it is for.Practical training helps to improve your understanding levels of your theory.

Nitin (Jr. ACCOUNTS OFFICER) (147 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

I think no firm can give you practical exposure in all papers even big four firms.

jagadeesh (Audit Manager) (31 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

I my view the articles will help us in passing the exam, if we take it seriously. The practical experience would help tus to understand the subject, as the theory what we study we implement in the work, and we get to know the impact.

Jagadesh

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

Hi,

As per my understanding training is very helpful for preperation provided your vision is clear and you have to purposely use your articleship period for your preperation. You can easily learn various things from your seniors by observing their attitude towards work.

Regards    

CA Rahul Jain (CA) (1162 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

Training is important. We should go for training but not on the corpse of preparation.

A BAD CA IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN A GOOD ARTICLE.

Sandeep Pandey (CA FINAL) (1306 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

To the extent u have concentrated on article ship..........................

Vikram M. (Unemployed) (504 Points)
Replied 03 November 2009

Aritcleship doesn't help you in clearing exams. It helps you in gaining practical work knowledge. It is a definite hinderance in studies.

It's all good to say that articleship helps you in exams, once you've qualified. But the truth is that it does not.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: