Do I need to submit ITR or etc?

Dear Experts,

I have minimal knowledge about taxes as I do not belong to number crunching field:), but I would surely like to get help from your quality advices here.

So, here is my simple case(which I am sure you must have seen already many times):

I am Indian and I was not in India during 01-april-2009 ~ 31-march-2010, as I am regular employee in country ABC. I receive my salary in local currency and they deduct income-tax ( other taxes too :( ).So, I guess it means I pay taxes to goevernment of country ABC. I visited my home country India for around 15 days during this period.

 

Now, please help me to know, that do I need to do something in India like filing ITR etc. or anything else which I don't know:P.

 

Thanks.

Replies (4)
NO NEED TO FILE ITR IN INDIA BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE ANY INCOME IN INDIA…
Originally posted by : Pankaj Arora
NO NEED TO FILE ITR IN INDIA BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE ANY INCOME IN INDIA…

Thanks Pankaj for superfast and concise response.

And, I want to know, will my PAN card (which I had when I was working in India)still valid? Can I still use it as my Identity Proof whenever I visit India? And, when I settle back in India, can I still use it normally, or I have to get it modified or fresh issue of new PAN card?

 

You can still use it but one thing for future keep in mind from next year if you don’t have any income from india just file NIL ITR in india so that government will have your all years records.. 

Oh is it? I need to file NIL ITR??

But, last few years, I did not do that:( Will there be any problem? Any fine or other problem?;(

And, please tell me when can I file NIL ITR in the near future and for which period. I guess it is around june 2011 for the period 01-apr-2009 ~ 31-mar-2010. Am I right?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details