Do I need to pay IGST for Export even if my turnover is less than 40 Lakh ?

Being a proprietor doing export but having a turnover less than 40 Lakh, so do I need to pay IGST if considering that not using LUT ?

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
If you are registered for GST, you must charge GST on all supplies, including exports, regardless of your turnover being below 40 Lakh, unless you have a Letter of Undertaking (LUT). Exports are considered inter-state supplies. While you will pay IGST initially, you can claim a refund for these zero-rated supplies based on your shipping bill.

Yes, its mandatory.                                           

Export is Zero rated supply ( no GST ) under GST Law , So if you are exporting by paying IGST, Same You Can claim refund .

Ok, this means -

If I am only selling tangible products as a trader within India (no export business) and because my turnover in the past year was more than 40 Lakh but for the current year turnover is less then 40 Lakh then I don't need to add GST in the selling price invoice (even after having a GSTIN) ? correct my understanding if I am wrong

If I am selling (exporting) tangible products as a trader outside India and because for IEC it is mandatory to get GSTIN so I hold GSTIN now even if my export turnover is less than 40 Lakhs still I have to add GST in the export selling price (if not using LUT) and then I can claim based on shipping bill ? correct my understanding if I am wrong

I know that can be refunded but here my question is that why should I add the GST in export selling price (if not using LUT) at the first place if my turnover is less than 40 Lakh (as a trader for tangible products) ?

Ones , You are registered under GST , then you have to charge GST for both intra and Inter-state supply and do the compliance as per the GST Law , irrespective of the turnover. Export is Inter-state supply .

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details