Do I need to file IT

Sir, I am an engineering student and doing the trading in stock market by taking an amount of Rs.3.50 lakhs from my father through account transfer. I started trading on dt.18-10-2019 onwards. Till now, I earned approx.Rs.1.00 lakh.

My question is do I need to file Income tax return. Please guide me as I don't have clarity on it.

warm regards
Hamdani
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
An engineering student who has earned approximately £1.00 lakh from stock market trading, funded by their father, is seeking clarification on whether they need to file an Income Tax return. They have no other sources of income. Based on the information provided, filing an Income Tax return is likely not required if this is the sole source of income and falls below the taxable threshold.

Have you any other income source?
If yes then add it and refer income tax slabs for AY 20-21
No other source. only stock trading income sir
Not required

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details