Online Updated Classes for CA CS CMA Subjects for Nov 21/May 22 Exams. Enroll Now!! Call: 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

supriya jain (student)     19 September 2011

Dividend on bonus issue

Hiii

I want to confirm something

If a company had issue bonus shares in MAY 2011 and the AGM is to be held on 27.09.2011 and dividend is to be proposed in AGM then for finalizing the BS as on 31.03.2011, dividend on Bonus shares is to be paid or not??

8 Replies

Arniv Sharda

Arniv Sharda (CA Final)     19 September 2011

dividend cannot be paid on bonus shares until one year has been completed from date of issue of these shares

tell me if m wrong

cheers

ACCOUNTANT

ACCOUNTANT (Student)     19 September 2011

Hi,

It may propose the dividend and retain it as a liability  ....

May not necessarily pay it off to the shareholders....

And dividend is to be paid...for dividend will naturally be declared to all the shareholders existing as on the date of closing of accounts..

CA RICHA BADALIA

CA RICHA BADALIA (CA,CS)     19 September 2011

Proposed Dividend is calculated on closing share capital of the year for which dividend is being proposed.As dividend was proposed for the year end 31.03.2011 bonus shares will not be included as it was issued in May 2011 ie the next financial year.

* Krishna *

* Krishna * (CA Student)     19 September 2011

Originally posted by : CA RICHA BOTHRA

Proposed Dividend is calculated on closing share capital of the year for which dividend is being proposed.As dividend was proposed for the year end 31.03.2011 bonus shares will not be included as it was issued in May 2011 ie the next financial year.

AGREED.

ACCOUNTANT

ACCOUNTANT (Student)     21 September 2011

Oh...right.. its for 31.03.2011 na....im wrong...didnt look out properly........it will not be paid..

deepak kumar Jaiswal

deepak kumar Jaiswal (student)     23 October 2018

Hi

i would like to know that proposed dividend is paid on right shares or not

Joker zZZ

Joker zZZ   19 July 2021

same as bonus shares

yasaswi gomes

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)     19 July 2021

Dividends will be given on final dividends, but profits ca be reduced on the day of proposed dividends, same case with bonus issue and employee stock options I guess.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags