DIN and Form 32

Amritorupa Kanjilal (Manager-Secretarial) (90 Points)

10 May 2010  

A company has three directors who were appointed in 2008. Last year while filing the annual return, the system refused to accept the DIN of one director (say UMS), giving error message of invalid DIN.

Because of the hurry to file, my colleague who was handling this, immediately applied for another DIN vide DIN-1. The approval letter approving and regularising the provisional DIN arrived on 29.09.2009. After that, no DIN-2 or DIN-3 was filed. Also, no fresh Form-32 was filed.

Now, if I enter USM's new DIN in Form 20B, his name is being prefilled correctly. Also I tried to put his DINin a sample Form-32 and again it is prefilling correctly. The problem is that neither his name nor any information about him is being shown on the VIEW SIGNATORY page in MCA21.

I know DIN-3 is not required as he was appointed after July2007, but is DIN-2 required? If yes, can we ask him to submit it now? What is the penalty?

Also Do I need to file Form-32 in this regard? If yes, will we be penalized for late submission???

Kindly help me out, dear colleagues.,..

Amritorupa Kanjilal

ACS