GST Course

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Keswani (Tax Consultant)     02 July 2011

Digital Signature compulsory

The CBDT vide Notification No. 37/2011 dated 01-07-2011 has made it mandatory to file return electronically using DIGITAL SIGNATURE ONLY in following cases IF AUDIT U/S. 44AB IS APPLICABLE:

(1) Any Firm filing return in form ITR 5.

(2) Individual / HUF filing return in form ITR 4.

Hence a Firm or Individual / HUF who is required to get his accounts audited U/s. 44AB shall now NOT have to option to efile the return vide ITR - V. It is mandatory to file return using DIGITAL SIGNATURE like in case of companies filing ITR 6.

10 Replies

CA JAGJIT

CA JAGJIT (Cleared CA in first Attempt)     02 July 2011

Yes you r right.......

CA JAGJIT

CA JAGJIT (Cleared CA in first Attempt)     02 July 2011

Yes you r right

CA Ashwani Agarwal

CA Ashwani Agarwal (Practice)     03 July 2011

What about a proprietory organisation getting its accounts audited u/s 44AB because of not showing 8% profit u/s 44AD?

Sandeep Keswani

Sandeep Keswani (Tax Consultant)     05 July 2011

Dear Ashwani Agarwal,

the following is the extract of the above Notification No. 37/2011: ".....a firm required to furnish the return in Form ITR-5 or an individual or Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) required to furnish the return in Form ITR-4 and to whom provisions of section 44AB are applicable, shall furnish the return for assessment year 2011-12 and subsequent assessment years in the manner specified in clause (ii)"

Thus it is clear that only those assessees who are required to get the accounts audited U/s. 44AB are covered by this notification. Hence, assessee liable to audit U/s. 44AD due to declaration of profit less than 8% can continue to efile their returns WITHOUT Digital Signature.

Hope the matter is clear.

CA Ashwani Agarwal

CA Ashwani Agarwal (Practice)     05 July 2011

Dear Sandeep Keswani,

Clause (d) of Section 44AB says that the section applies to a person if he delares his profil below the limit given in 44AD. So doesn't it mean that 44AB also applies to persons geeting their accounts audited because they are showing profit less than 8%. So even they have to furnish their return alongwith digital signatures.

CA Ashwani Agarwal

CA Ashwani Agarwal (Practice)     05 July 2011

I mean to say that assessee declaring profit less than 8% u/s 44AD is automatically covered u/s 44AB.

CA hetalviradiya

CA hetalviradiya (CA*)     06 July 2011

From where this notification applicable??????becoz yesterday i filed 1 Return of individual who coverd under 44AB. If this circular applicable then site didnt take my return.SO PLZ TELL ME FROM WHR THIS CIRCULAR APPLICABLE

rz's

rz's (TRAINEEE)     07 July 2011

@ hetal -- u may file a revised return of the client with digital signature...

Kalpesh Chauhan,

Kalpesh Chauhan, (Tax Assistant (Accounting Technician CA FINAL CS PROF. PROG. B.Com))     09 July 2011

Can anyone provide me the exact link with which i can get the digital signature from it.

I am basically from Jamnagar pursuing my articlehip and i want to know about the procedure of  obtaining  the digital procedure from application to filing of return .

So please provide me with the required information.

Thanks in advance 

Kalpesh Chauhan....

Amit Shah

Amit Shah   23 July 2011

Dear Kaplesh, Find attached  a form for digital signture. You can get complete information from Mr. Abhiram on 09767579141.

I am confident that he can solve all your queries.

Attached File : 20196 779132 digital signature form vision consultancy.pdf downloaded: 137 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register