Submit Rectification for Tax return

Shreyasi Das (9 Points)

05 April 2021  

I had filed ITR-1 for AY 20-21 on 20th July, 2020. Then on 27th May, 2021 I received a mail from IT department saying there was a mismatch in High Value Transaction (interest gained from savings and term deposits), and that I had to re-file the return. I accepted the amounts, made extra tax payment and refiled it.

Then again on 4th April I got a mail saying that I had to pay even more amount, due to late payment, which again I did. But afterwards, I carefully checked the Compliance portal and saw that there were duplicate entries mentioned, and my Other Sources income was not as high as they had claimed.

So, it turns out, I will get back refund, but for that I have to properly submit the return. Now since 31st March, 2021 is past, I cannot find a proper way to do that. The IT Department website allows for submission for rectification by modifying the XML of the already submitted return, but then do I have to manually do all the calculation? That can again lead to an error. Any proper way out of this?