Easy Office
LCI Learning

Communication u/s 143(1)(a)

Page no : 9

CA Prashak Kumar Goyal (Pratice) (192 Points)
Replied 08 August 2017

1) Bank is not req. to Deduct TDS on the amount of interest credited or paid in respect of deposites excepet on Fixed Deposit or time deposit.

2) There is error on the face of the intimation under section 143(1), respons them with your explanation with in the time period mentioned in intimation. 

3) If for any reason you can't respons them with above mentioned time, then you can file for rectification under section 154.

Manoj (NA) (6 Points)
Replied 08 August 2017

Are we required to file a revised return in case of acceptance of the changes?

CA.Pullarao Padakandla (CA Job) (40 Points)
Replied 09 August 2017

I talk to them , saying that we need to respond to the email with 30 days as mentioned in email but when i raised greivance, they  replied that we need to wait for revised communication..I observed that they stopped sending emails u/s 143 (1) (a) after July 25th..Dont know what to do.

Arijit Das (37 Points)
Replied 09 August 2017

Originally posted by : Arijit Das
As per Form 16 issued by my employer:

INCOME CHARGEABLE UNDER THE HEAD "SALARIES" : 1,234,567
Deduction under 80C: 150,000
Total Taxable income: (1234567 - 150000) = 1,084,567
---------------------------------------------------------

Now, I have income from interest on savings bank accounts: 12,000

Hence in ITR1, I filed as below:

Income from Salary: 1,234,567
Income from Other Sources: 12,000
Gross Total Income: (1,234,567 + 12,000) = 1,246,567
Deduction under 80C: 150,000
Deduction under 80TTA: 10,000
Total Deduction: 160,000
Taxable Total Income: (1,246,567 - 160,000) = 1,086,567

Now, I have received a communication with mismatch of 10,000 in my total taxable income (only one row).

Income as per Return: 1,086,567
Income as per Form: 1,096,567
Proposed addition of income: 10,000

I decided to disagree with following answers:

TAN: TAN of employer
Deduction made under section: 80TTA 
Amount paid/credited by deductor: 12,000 
Nature of receipt as per the deductor: Other Income 
Income/Gross Receipt as per return: 2,000 
Head of Income/Schedule under which reported in the return: Other Income
Reason: Deduction claimed in return but not in form 16
Remarks: Rs 10,000 deduction claimed under 80TTA.
Attachment: Manually created excel file with breakup of Rs 12,000 interest credited by date and bank account.

- Is it correct ?

Thanks.

I have finally submitted the response with above details after getting it verified from experts from two other websites.

Pushpreet (Asosciate) (59 Points)
Replied 15 August 2017

Did anyone get the revised communication that we were supposed to get from the authorities? Its already been 25 days, shall I wait for more days?

Indian Banker (Banker) (27 Points)
Replied 15 August 2017

Head of income only accepting numeric. How did u submit writing other income?

Replied 15 August 2017

Still waiting for revised communication. Did anyone call them this week?

CA.Pullarao Padakandla (CA Job) (40 Points)
Replied 15 August 2017

Its accepting alphabets, Pls check once..

shobhit (aa) (339 Points)
Replied 19 August 2017

THEY HAVE NOT SEND ANY REVISE NOTIFICATION, AND ONE MONTH IS GOING TO EXPIRE SOON....WE SHOULD TAKE ACTION NOW ,, 

Replied 19 August 2017

Called yesterday. They said, ITD changed mind and not going to send revised intimation. Everyone who have e-proceeding link active, have to submit reply. After that I submitted with disagreement.

Osden Osy (4 Points)
Replied 19 August 2017

Worse department, CPC software and people sitting in call center hardly knows what to response. Seems like it was my biggest mistake to disclose the income from saving bank account and claim 80TTA decution. when i called them almost 25 days ago they told me "No need to response and wait till you get new intimation" and as mentioned by many other poster I didn't got any new intimation till date and when i equired them again they routed me from CPC to e-filling to TDS CPC helpline and again back to CPC to let me know that "i have to reply to intimation and if i dont understand the info needs to be provided then get it done from CA" and seems like they even dont bother about what they have communiated earlier about ignoring intimation. They even dont know what information needs to be provided in those highly Tecnical columns (on many forums even CA's are asking for help on those column values) needed to be provided if you diagree to intimation. Sheer waste of time and energy for wrong doing of CPC software....is this what they are talking about DIGITAL INDIA.

Some expert asking to gather TAN detail of each and everybank from where you have received your s/b interest and provide copy of passbook as a proof for each of them.

i wish i would have not disclosed anything apart from what is being disclosed in form-16 and would have not paid more tax on other income so that there would have been no refund demand from me and would have saved my life from this hassleangry

pansel20042003 (2 Points)
Replied 20 August 2017

I recieved intimation under section 143 (1)(A) for the reason of addition. The reason is for the profit/loss from house property. I have seen all the calculation...and i disagree for the same bcz my comp is intimated in Fom16A and and also shown in form 16..In the Form-16 i paid taxes already. So, feel its not  necessary. While replying for the same. Is it ncessary to upload my document or just intimate teh same to IT dept ..is ok.

Plz clarify.

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 22 August 2017

I called CPC again and they said to wait longer so I said F IT, and went ahead and disagreed with it.

I tried to give as much information as possible and then attached a file with all the Savings interest and the calculation and used my Employer's TAN cause I had no clue how to get the TAN for some banks I've never even set foot in :( So people, up to you if you want to disagree or wait.

At this time CPC is really messed this process up, so please use caution and deadlines are approaching quickly.

Richard Mauk (25 Points)
Replied 22 August 2017

@ Arjit Singh, did you get a confirmation from CPC on your rectification ?

Kapil Aggarwal (44 Points)
Replied 29 August 2017

Hello Friends,

Has Anyone got any response from Income tax after submitting the response to 143(1)a.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro