LCI Learning

Gst invoice format confusion

Page no : 2

Kaushik (Professional) (549 Points)
Replied 25 May 2017

Yes, you can claim ITC.

jackson (manager) (22 Points)
Replied 29 May 2017

Hi, need clarity on end customer invoice generation. i.e. If MRP is Rs.1000 and GST (CGST 5% and SGST5%) whether do we need to charge GST on top of MRP? The end customer need not pay the Retailer GST. Please clarify.

CA NEHA RAMPURIA (Taxation Consultant) (1823 Points)
Replied 30 May 2017

Yes you can't sell goods for a price more than its mrp and customer won't accept such price. I would like to add that this problem that you have shared is the problem of most of the traders. As per our information the companies of such products , are talking to traders and are coming in their support and granting compensation for the loss. I would like you to have a conversation with your company on this topic.

Rajendra Banwat (2 Points)
Replied 30 May 2017

it seems Neha madam is giving detailed convincing answers...i think she must start writing small practical things about GST....giving practical examples...Rajendra

Seshadri Jagannathan (25 Points)
Replied 30 May 2017

I think MRP concept will cease to exist in GST Regime., Whether government is going to dissolve weights and measures act ? Very difficult to answer that question

Prakash Ramakrishnan (8 Points)
Replied 14 June 2017

Good morning sir,
We are a retail chain of supermarket stores. We s

Replied 14 June 2017

Good morning sir,
We are a retail chain of supermarket stores. We sell taxable and exempt goods.
Do we have to issue one tax invoice which will have both taxable and exempt goods or should we prepare 2 bills, i.e one tax invoice for taxable goods and another sale bill for exempt goods

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")   (127196 Points)
Replied 14 June 2017

Mr. Prakash.,
In my view, you can prepare TWO invoices are very good. bcoz, A invoice made two or more items. GST will apply for "WHICH ITEM IS HIGHEST GST RATE. THAT GST RATE WILL APPLICABLE TO ALL OTHER ITEMS". So, You will prepare two invoices is good.
1 Like

Replied 14 June 2017

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your response.
But, sir, Here I was not referring to mixed supplies. We are aware that mixed supplies require the highest gst rate to be picked.
Our query is if we have customers who pick fruits and vegetables and also biscuits and toothpaste. Should I make a sale bill for f and v and a tax invoice for biscuits and toothpaste.

CA NEHA RAMPURIA (Taxation Consultant) (1823 Points)
Replied 14 June 2017

Yes coz for exempted goods you need to issue bill of supply and for taxable goods you need to issue taxable invoice

Replied 14 June 2017

Can you prepare your invoices like same taxable items. That's good practice for your business...

ankita (E commerce Manger) (67 Points)
Replied 14 June 2017

Hello profeesonals...Get ready for GST...All GST related books in hindi and English with Online india delivery service..call/whatsapp 9784708717...or click here

ankita (E commerce Manger) (67 Points)
Replied 14 June 2017

Hello profeesonals...Get ready for GST...All GST related books in hindi and English with Online india delivery service..call/whatsapp 9784708717...or click here

Replied 14 June 2017

If available TAMIL....?

Replied 14 June 2017

Thanks for your response Madam
But, not sure whether it is practically possible. We will wait and do what the industry does

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: