LCI Learning

Worried about Career of Lacs of CA Students

Page no : 5

hitesh (student) (31 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

what to refer for isca its damm tuff

deepakjadhav01 (student) (28 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

If icai wants to restrict result then why they passout more than 35 % instead of 3 - 5 in cpt. We students are ready to face icai but what strategy they have adopted ? that means in 1 attempt they passout more than 25 % and suddenly they decrease to 3 %....
1 Like

Deepak Bansal (student) (26 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Sir i want to know that is the result comes of ca course is faithful because as my frnd says to me last time when he gives final xam he thought he ll clear successfully i.e his xams goes superbly bt unfortunately hi gets failed that time bt at last attempt he cleared successfully but he said me his previous xams are more betterly done than this ones. So i want to know is the checking is properly done or its jst lck game... Pls give ur views for that ... Becoz m also final student now nd i cleared both grps of Ipcc now in lat May attempt...
1 Like

rakesh (consultant) (26 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

u jav to maintain ca degree value

NIKKI (ARTICLE) (71 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

this is bussiness planned by ca only if cpt result only 3 % than all classes will closed than directly loss to icai .the material supply by icai also outdated mean i have register for ca final in 2012 than material provided by icai is not relavant pls anyone suggest to icai pls dont issue material as early & provide video lecture dvd instead of material provide by icai

2 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Top Class Institutes must have

"Top Brains" (i.e. Management) 

to accept only

Top Class Students.

So simple to understand. 

CMA CS SATYESH KUMAR CHAUDHARY (Asst. General Manager(Fin.))   (61 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Regarding discussion CA Final result for Nov., 2013 term,  I appreciate a genuine concern of CA Rakhechaji,  He has been a helping hand for CA student. Undoubtely I also appeared and put best for CA Final exam for First Group with full one month preparation, a middle level executive with responsibility for a top PSU all drafting, commercial matters with qualification of MCom(CU), ACMA and ACS;  But to my dismay  marks awarded  in case of expected exemption subject Law and Audit, marks are 38 to 40 only. For practical papers  again half from expected below 35. Paper pattern almost changely drastically,  very legthy papers----in real life sufficient time is taken for decision, besides knowledge is to be tested not undue literature wastage of time of students------lengthy papers are of no use, no value addition. Further thinking I have cleared let'us make it tough  to  make their prospects better in market is not  an acceptable thinking. I urge council members of ICAI  to  try to solve any paper of their choice and see the level. Is it rational to play with life of students ?  open new avenue do not attack on confidence of CA students. Further, provide for freecopy of  answer sheets to students with copy of first 10 rank holders to further improve in preparation for future. Be pioneer in action than only standard. Provide more resources and questions from suggested answers and practice manuals. Further I would advise students to also pursue CMA/CS course to survive in career. I have seen those only pursuing CA course have committed suicide or, other drastic steps in life due to social pressure for passing. Thank you all be positive in life; CA is a course, Try it with option in hand.

Satyesh Kumar Chaudhary

1 Like

Abhijeet sharma (NA) (45 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

very well said n pointed out sir.

Replied 19 January 2014

I am very sorry to say that many students don't analyze the things properly.

They just read and conclude. 

A chartered accountant (including Future Chartered Accountant i.e. students) must have habit to LEARN everyday SOMETHING NEW. Fortunately; enough materials are available FREE OF COST "instantly" through internet which were not available in our time.

Replied 19 January 2014

Those who claim ISCA is irrelevant.....I feel pity on their misconcpetion.

Right now ask any CA who has to file TDS returns. Without in-depth knowledge of Information Technology; one can't either file TDS Return nor he would be able to rectify small mistakes therein which are generated later on by the system. And if one doesn't correct it; NOTICE is automatically issued.

Audit Reports, ROC returns, Income-Tax Returns, Service Tax Returns, VAT Returns...all are filed ONLINE.

The disucssion which is going on right now is possible only due to Info-tech. This was not available in our time....we could hardly interact with 10-12 students.

1 Like

Yash Porwal (student) (30 Points)
Replied 19 January 2014

Sir why CA don't think to commence business as we got plenty of knowledge " we are known as doctor's of business" Why all rush towards job
2 Like

Replied 19 January 2014

Now they may argue that the matter which is published in the study materials and what we use practically are totally different.

Where does it not happen?

Have anyone seen the books of Medical Profession? One will find that he is not able to read even one page "interestingly." After reading anyhow....can't absorb its contents.

Similar is the position when one studies AUDITING....practical auditing is altogether different ....but ask yourself that without the THEORY whether one would be able to understand the subject?

Accountancy is told as PRACTICAL SUBJECT.....then for what sake ACCOUNTING STANDARDS in THEORY?

Hope students will now absorb why the ISCA material (theory) requires attention.

(Although much is outdated what was served by the ICAI two-three years back. However ICAI always recommends to refer some books ).

I agree that marks allotment system by ICAI are really UNKNOWN to almost all.  Many students surprise that they got 60! 

1 Like

Replied 19 January 2014

Those who claim that if the entry is made tough; then most of the students will be the losers and they will have no choice.  Tell me whether only CA is the only source of income for commerce students?

(Students might surprise how one qualified CA is expressing his views like this).

Unfortunately; right counselling is not being provided to the majority of the students since beginning.

Now-a-days; CA students "miss" college life which can develop their PERSONALITY and B.Com. pursuing students  "waste" their 3 most valuable years of CAREER easily.

Have students compared the subjects covered in B.Com. and CA?

Actually commerce students don't have habit to study for 6-8 hours daily which is "easily" found in Science Stream Students.

1 Like

Replied 19 January 2014

Originally posted by : Yash Porwal
Sir why CA don't think to commence business as we got plenty of knowledge
" we are known as doctor's of business"
Why all rush towards job

Very true.

The same view I have explained at caclub many times.

Since majority of the students are JOB SEEKERS than the passion for OWN PROFESSION; hence a TOTAL MISMATCH is there in the thought process.

Let me prove it :

1. When question is raised for qualifying the exams; majority of the students say :

"WE HAVE the P-A-S-S-I-O-N to be Chartered Accountants."

2. When they become CA; where the PASSION goes out to be practising CAs?

( I remember the pre-indepence days of India where every Indian was job seeker after matriculation......that mentality has still not gone despite the situations are altogether different now).

REMINDING ALL :

CA profession was originally made for the INDEPENDENT PRACTICE.

It will require a lot of discussion further; why the core practice area has lost charm by and large. It's again the "mismanagement" at the ICAI level.

Since the less percentage of students are qualified now; hence they would have better opportunities to be a part of PRACTISING CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS than to go for JOBS.

THE REASON :

Without application of mind towards the tough subjects at CA Final stage; they would not be able to qualify in future.

And those who can apply their mind;

hope they will prefer it to apply for their own benefit (own establishment)  than to serve others.

(For time being; they may serve others to have better understanding of the profession so that what they have "missed" in CA articleship; can recover in next one-two years after qualification).

1 Like

Replied 19 January 2014

I have already shared my above post at CAUSE OF CA

and

all CAs agree that CPT results must be of quality than the CA Final.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=369593806516367&set=gm.469884516455628&type=1&theater

I agree that after setting quality papers; there should not be any barrier to qualify the deserving students.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: