Ca merit list awards

shruti_be_ca (student) (128 Points)

13 August 2013  

Hi friends,

I was just wondering if a student's name appears in the MERIT LIST, will he/she be given a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT/APPRECIATION by ICAI...On googling, I found that students eligible for scholarships are invited to Delhi in April/October for award of scholarships...But, the automatic scholarship is only for top 10 rankers...For the rest of the merit list students, it is merit cum need-based, ie, only those students whose parents annual earning is below Rs.1,50,000 p.a are awarded scholarships...

So, for such students, I want to know if ICAI felicitates by issuing a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT atleast...Because, all of the CA merit list students are worthy candidates of being felicitated atleast....

I'm more interested in this now because, I got AIR 33 in MAY 2013 IPCE exams... smiley 

Roll No : 307483

Reg No : SRO 0353020

And, as per institute guidelines, I'm not eligible for any scholarship as my parent's earnings are not below Rs.1,50,000 p.a....So, I want to know if the institute would present me a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT at a felicitation ceremony...

Can anyone clarify please?

regds,

shruti