Easy Office
LCI Learning

Job in dubai

Page no : 2

Back in the Game (a) (1273 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Hi.

Dubai is a Good option if you want to mint money.

Pros and cons

1)You can make money.

2)Sorry to Say ,unless u select ur job profile carefully ull be doing donkeys job.

imagine a CA passing journal entries.Tats what u get paid for !

3)Quality Standard of living With respect to Food ,life etc...Awesome.Which ull nt Find in india.imagine if someone spits there in any public area as long as ur spotted ,ull be Fined.

Cleaniness is Godliness phrase- Practical demonstartion ull Find there.India Vice Versa.

4)Job Security- Moment they run into Recession,unlees your job profile involves revenue Generation or Cost Savings ull be thrown out ( No matter Who u are).

5)The Locals There dont work much,Their Responsibilities shall be passed on to u( most cases) however Locals Mostly there are Good people.

6)And Locals there are priority.

7)Stranded From Family- most them Feel so.

8)No u cant Come back to india and do much if u go to DXB

Ask why?

Accounting and Audit is something Valued and respected there.

But unfortunately People maintian accounts For Taxes in india...indians Consider Accounting Non Value Addition unless The Clientt u r working for Calls for public Reporting.

1 Like

sabia (CWA Finals) (548 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

I agree with Mani 1000 times !!!

CA Bharat Hirde (SAP Functional Consultant)   (134 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Dear Parth, I agree with Kamal and others on there points. I was in Dubai for 1.5 years. And i can give a very practical view on life there. I am giving some additional points for your consideration. Analise them and then decide :- 1) Its a heaven to make money. There are no taxes so your salary is tax free. 2) Ease of life as in its too comfortable to live there. No chaos, no unnecessary hassels. Life is cool. 3)Coming back to india on short visits is easy as th flight takes hardly 3 hrs and one way cost is hardly Rs10k. Having said this i still didn't like staying there after some time. Reason being:- 1) The climate is very bad. Normal temperature is 40degrees for 8 months. 2) Its a dessert. No natural places to visit. Very boring once you see all man made structures. 3) Money is not the sole criteria for job. Its mouth watering to work in Dubai. But over a period of time your priorities change. So i would suggest that you first set your priorities. If your priority is money and money only. Then there's no place like dubai. Else you have to think again Bro. All the best
2 Like

CA Parth pareek (employee) (67 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

@ ca Bharat Hirde, Sir thank you so much your advice will indeed help me out in taking  up the decision. sir like u said u have been in dubai for 1.5 years and now you are working  in india. sir my question to you is  whether dubai working experience counts in india or not. i have been  selected for  the internal audit profile. i want to go dubai for the next two years and along with earning good money i want to do some international courses like CIA,CPA which i guess would be easier to do in dubai than in india. sir pls advice me on this  point. 

shariq nadeem (financial associate(ca-final llb))   (53 Points)
Replied 23 February 2013

Well dear, its all depend upon the nature of responsibilities u r gonna handle ther.Ther r frnds of mine who r working out ther in middle east, still getting offers in India. So in todays world of globilization u need not 2 worry bout territories as long as u have required qualification and much needed exposure in the field. Ofcourse, if ther's something which deals in particular laws and regulations of that country,u need to be cautious in selecting ur options..........rest up 2 u...........good luck......!!!

CA Sourabh Goenka (Chartered Accountant) (249 Points)
Replied 23 February 2013

Originally posted by : ASHISH PATHAK
Please dont leave India bro. Its yours country....its yours motherland...whatever you are today, its all because of this land and now you do have certain obligations and duties towards your country. You may get a good tax free salary in Dubai but you may never get the respect that one gets in his own country. People will look upon you as strangers in that foreign land...plus you may also have problem finding good vegetarian Indian food over there. India is a rapidly developing economy and there is no doubt immense scope for young professionals like you. And Jaipur is no doubt a fastest developing Indian City. All i can say is that You are the future of this country and one day your contribution towards this country's development will surely count.. Good Luck. Wish you all the success in life.

Agree..

And this is not myth that middle east working experience does not count in india.. It's fact.

Because these countries are tax free countries, so complexity of accounting demolished. because of that work experience is not counted.

C.A. Rahul Kaushik (Job) (923 Points)
Replied 23 February 2013

All said and done

But How to get a job in Dubai ????

for a newly qualified fresher CA.

CA CS ANKIT AGARWAL (ASSITANT MANAGER) (240 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

Hello ca parth pareek.I am ankit agarwal.i am a qualified ca and cs and presently working in doha,qatar which is near to uae.Firstly in middle east you can save a lot,secondly You can easily get a quite good number of international degree easily,Thirdly there are many clubs like toastmaster club etc where your communication can be improved very easily,Fourthly you can engaged in many curicular activities bcoz u will be getting good tym after work,Fifthly vegetarian food are easily available so that is not an issue,Sixthly you will get lot of indian as dubai is mini india........................for any other query u can call me up in my number +97477549707(charges 10 inr per minute),skype -ankit.agarwal880 and u can add me up in fb too my id is ankit_agarwal403 @ yahoo.com  u can take help from me anytime bro...............will help u out with ur problem..............thanxx..........radhe radhe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 Like

AMIT DHIMAN (CA IN JOB) (76 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

""Dear Parth, I agree with Kamal and others on there points. I was in Dubai for 1.5 years. And i can give a very practical view on life there. I am giving some additional points for your consideration. Analise them and then decide :- 1) Its a heaven to make money. There are no taxes so your salary is tax free. 2) Ease of life as in its too comfortable to live there. No chaos, no unnecessary hassels. Life is cool. 3)Coming back to india on short visits is easy as th flight takes hardly 3 hrs and one way cost is hardly Rs10k. Having said this i still didn't like staying there after some time. Reason being:- 1) The climate is very bad. Normal temperature is 40degrees for 8 months. 2) Its a dessert. No natural places to visit. Very boring once you see all man made structures. 3) Money is not the sole criteria for job. Its mouth watering to work in Dubai. But over a period of time your priorities change. So i would suggest that you first set your priorities. If your priority is money and money only. Then there's no place like dubai. Else you have to think again Bro. All the best """ ---

Fully agree- Also  Gulf experience will make you loose all your Taxation knowledge which is the main reason  for which CA's are known,,, and is you go back to India you may take little time to regain this again  IF your intention is to make MONEYand a LAZY(comfortable)  life style  then you are most welcome or else try some other country .... In dubai more chances are that you will always be assistant of some Arab or European even in Big 4 also.. I have been living here since 10 years now..

Ankur Pareek (Article Assisstant) (35 Points)
Replied 25 February 2013

Bhai surely Dubai will provide u wid a lot of money but keeping yourself updating wid the frequent changes will not be possible for u.All the knowledge which u gained while last few year will be depreciated at a frequent speed.Moreover india is developing at a rapid speed .People from outsides are coming to India because they are looking for long term perspective.Its my opinion finally the decesion will be yours.

Replied 25 February 2013

CA Parth pareek Its a good place to get international assignments. You can get good opportunities in other countries working from dubai. As you said u will do some courses over there, then its good enough. All i will say is that ones you gain experience over there, coming back to india is bit tough. if you don't want to come back or have plans to do do business in future in india, then its a great opportunity to work over there. You will earn so much money you have never seen over a period of time. So all you have to do is decide your priorities. Lastly have a good amount of discussion with your family. Whether they will like your staying away or not. Thats a crucial factor in many cases.... All the best

Replied 25 February 2013

Originally posted by : C.A. Rahul Kaushik

All said and done

But How to get a job in Dubai ????

for a newly qualified fresher CA.

Dear Rahul, Generally the easiest way to get a job in Dubai is to search for a person who is already working there and send your CV for as reference. You can go to various websites like BAYT.com, naukrigulf.com, monstergulf.com and jobsindubai.com etc and place your CV there. Also there are lot many private consultants in Mumbai and other big cities who can place your CVs directly in the co's. But as i said JUGAAD is the best and easiest way of getting a job there. So find some Jugaad and u'llget a job over there.

CA Anil Kumar .S (Finance Manager) (219 Points)
Replied 27 February 2013

Friend ...

From which co got the offer . I do stay in dubai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: