Easy Office

TUITION FEES PAID FOR CHILDREN U/S 80C

Page no : 2

IRUDHAYARAJ sundar (Business Analyst) (26 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Hi,

Pls give your suggestions in this regard

I am having two kids.

For my daughter I have paid

Term fees - 7500, Annual fees - 4000, Admission fees - 11000

For my son I have paid

Term fees - 6000, Annual fees - 4000,Admission fees - 7150

What are the fees would be taken into consideration in this regard.Pls shed some light into this .

Thanks

V.Irudhayaraj Sundar

Replied 07 January 2010

Hi,

if I invest in ELSS under my wife's name shall i get the tax rebate under 80C

Pls help

Thanks,

V.Irudhayaraj Sundar

LAXMIKANT JAIPURKAR (Practicing Company Secretary/Tax Consultant)   (403 Points)
Replied 08 January 2010

Yes. But the cheque is required to be issued from your Bank account or joint bank account. It will be more better. However, if you pay in cash and show in your books of accounts, then it will be also allowable.

Replied 08 January 2010

Thanks for the reply.

But through internet banking I am sending money from the Either or Survivor account(both the names) to the demat account (in my wife's name) & then invest through Sharekhan in ELSS

Is it ok.

Thanks

V.IrudhayarajSundar

LAXMIKANT JAIPURKAR (Practicing Company Secretary/Tax Consultant)   (403 Points)
Replied 08 January 2010

Ok. But the investment to be shown in your Balance Sheet or to be considered as personal drawings. Similarly, we can say that, it is to be invested from your own income.

sujatha (audit assistant) (23 Points)
Replied 28 January 2010

Hi, Can I know the list of deduction allowed & Not allowed under tution fee exemption for the financial year 2009-10.

ashish mishra (Engineer) (22 Points)
Replied 15 February 2012

if father is no more & elder brother is only the earning member except father pension & elder brother is now paying the tution fee for higher education of younger one then in any case he can get the rebate for tution fee in income tax

tryinghard (Self) (48 Points)
Replied 16 February 2012

Is it only available for depended children, if yes how do you define dependent children. I am doing an MBA from India after work ex. My mother paid part of the tution fees for the MBA. Can she claim the deduction. My ageis 21+

Haresh Sabhadiya (Student) (25 Points)
Replied 10 March 2012

Thankx for giving such type of great article.

Keep it up Sir !

Prasant Kumar Chowdhury (Student) (24 Points)
Replied 23 March 2012

Meaning of Tuition Fee:
The amount allowable as tuition fees shall include any payment of fee to university, college, school or other educational institution in India except the amount representing in the nature of development fee or donation or capitation fees or payment of similar nature - Circular No. 1/2010, dated January 11,2010.

Can anybody of you explain the meaning of the term "Capitation fees" with example?

ankit (student) (307 Points)
Replied 16 April 2012

if a person is getting tution fees reimbursed from employer can he also claim deduction under section 80 c on tution fees paid or not?

Vishwas Surana (Intern) (53 Points)
Replied 11 May 2012

Is Tution fees paid for self allowed as deduction..????

Bhushan Shah (Bhushan) (23 Points)
Replied 24 September 2012

What if Tution fee is paid for my brother child can i claim the deduction for that expenditure please reply me fast.............

mohammed yousuf (Sub inspector) (21 Points)
Replied 16 December 2012

sir, my question is whether tution fee paid for graduation(B.A,B.Com,B.SC)and for engeneering course(full time)are exempted u/s 80C or not??  please clarify. 

however, the exumption is allowed upto class 12thor intermediate u/s 80C

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: