Easy Office
LCI Learning

Discuss ca final costing paper- 09/11/2012

Page no : 2

CA Roshni Gulati (Chartered Accountant) (102 Points)
Replied 09 November 2012

@ dishant

Can u provide details of CFA Course....

Farooq (-) (45 Points)
Replied 09 November 2012

I felt the paper was very tough. Normally u find atleast some problems which are walk in the park. But in this case there were hardly any. And theory questions were a lot, which made the paper more unexpected.

U can see that in simulation problem - he gave probabilities of serving time first and then arrival time. But in random no.s - line1 was arrival and line 2 serving. Tricky !!!

ANKIT JAIN (ARTICLE) (38 Points)
Replied 09 November 2012

question no.3 ka ans to bata do

Farooq (-) (45 Points)
Replied 09 November 2012

And all those qualified students who r not so happy with these easy papers of group1, pls check out today's paper. "booori nazar waaley, tera muu kaala" 

jst light hearted comment. no disrespect intended.

CA Final Student (and Trainee Accountant) (373 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

dont know how to react...! But, let us expect the correction will be liberal..

Pankaj Gupta (CA final & M.Com Student)   (3358 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

Costing paper of ca final had printing mistakes in Q no 3a. It was from the book of sanjay aggarwal sir with altered figures. Some figures were altered correctly while others were not. SP,v o/h,f o/h should have been 7000,4000000,6000000, instead of 700,200000&300000.forward it as much as possible so it reaches ICAI.
1 Like

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

Originally posted by : Ankita Benegal

Its a professional exam,expectations rarely works,what works is a good preparation and most importantly holding your nerves.42 marks theory was somewhat application and logic based which anybody thorough with practical portion can easily answer,even if not copy book style,but at least logically 

You are correct that expectations will not always materialise, especially if its professional exam of the merit of CA Final, but then there is another element called as obvoiusness. There is bound to be some sort of certainty as a matter of fact or as a matter of trend or as a matter of merit. No doubt, theory can be attempted if there is understanding of practical concepts, but there is a huge difference between accuracy and a general statement and yesterday's theory was of the kind that couldn't have been attempted solely on the basis of practical understanding. Even attempted, it would have been something "which was not upto the expectations of the examiner".

I don't think that anybody would have lost nerves, rather there would have been more concerted effort in the 3 hours. Remember that too much of buttering can also result in slippery ride and yesterday's exam was also the same.

R Sriram (Manager - Internal Audit - Insurance)   (46 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

1 question (complete set) takes 45 mins for me to complete. So when i know all the questions, the paper becomes lengthy.

It becomes difficult to decide which questions to answer first. the easier ones takes time. So i take small ones that tricks me when im in the middle of the solution and then i regret for not choosing the lengthy easier ones to answer first.

Today's paper was one of its kind. Inspite of so much of theory the paper was lengthy!!!

svprasad (B.COM,LL.B) (23 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

very tough compared to May 2012 paper 

CS,CA F,Numrologi TusharSampat (CS CA F Numerologist Astrologer Graphologist Face reader Vastu Expert)   (85930 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

From practice manual:

Ans to q 5(b)- pg 17.2 q2

Ans to7(c)-pg 2.19 q12

ans to 7(d) pg 11.26 q15

Ans to q 7(a) pg1.47 q24

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=226186&offset=14#.UJ32ym_MjVY

work is worship (Service) (2728 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

Lenghty paper so was difficult to plan timing,. had to really rush in the last 90 minutes.

Question paper was not tough at all.. it was very different to the last three to four attempts.

In the last few attempts theory questions has been more practically oriented while this time it was direct.

In last few attempts qns on OR was all not direct though easy , this time it was direct and easy.

Only question i found difficult was qn 1c, the formulation of LPP.  rest  was good.

sagar (CA Final) (22 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

Theory asked was repeated theory asked in past exams & questions were attendable..I felt that Questions were not hard but little lengthy..

Karan (Job) (209 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

Hi Guys,

My costing paper was really very nice and I am expecting atleast 80-85. I have attempted all the theory questions correctly. For Theory institute study material really works and not any other book.

Karan

pradnya (Article) (188 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

any one have solution

pradnya (Article) (188 Points)
Replied 10 November 2012

how u solved service costing prb

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :