Easy Office
LCI Learning

Why CA?

Page no : 2

CA Prashant Gupta (Practising Chartered Accountant)   (2516 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

Competition has entered here also. the number of opening are less than person qualifing each attempt. 

If you are in small towns practice is a good alternative. But practice is not easy now a days. You really need to work hard and search for the work where ever possible.

1 Like

ARVIND CHAUHAN (ICWA AND CA FINAL) (34 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

it is shocking for all ca final student but KOI BHI PROFESSION  100% JOB KI GAURANTEE TO NAHI DE SAKTA 

CA. ANKUR JAIN (CA.....) (2800 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

Its not a matter of worry for Ca- final students..

as the position will be normal within a year or so..

so all u guys just concentrate on your work(studies)...

and thank the almighty that u are not a chartered accountant of 2011.

CA PRAVEEN SINGH (MANAGER ACCOUNTS) (2277 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

my dear friend do not frastrate.

ca can do job in company.

ca can do self practice.

ca can do job in various ca firm.

ca can take classes of ca students.

so i think lot of scope for ca .

you first join job in any ca firm,do not think about your salary.learn practical work.& time to time basis you can apply in  various    company.

in addition you can take classes of ca students.

have a patience & do this..

CA CAN DO BEST....ALWAYS...

1 Like

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

Originally posted by : CA. ANKUR JAIN

Its not a matter of worry for Ca- final students..

as the position will be normal within a year or so..

so all u guys just concentrate on your work(studies)...

and thank the almighty that u are not a chartered accountant of 2011.

Dear Sir,

Can you please explain the reasons as to why many 2011 CAs are not getting jobs. Also what are the factors or circumstances that will make the position normal within a year or so?

Please reply!

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB* (Proprietor) (1312 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

The situation is really worst. today i went for NTPC written test, i encountered with many Newly Qualified CAs, they are also strugling to get a good Job. this situation is really horrible. i also wanted to change my Job but getting this kind of experience making me feared.

I would suggest all the CAs to have patience and All the Best...

A-G-V (Student) (571 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

What the hell is happening? In the last one month I find  many threads about qualified CAs still not able to get any job? So has CA course lost its market value?

Guys this is a warning bell for us!!! Make sure that u do 2 professional courses at the same time.. Along with CA u have to do some other additional professional course... When you have 2 professional degree in your hand your chances of getting selected will increase

(Guest)

Dear friends, i regret for the situation... once upon a time there was huge demand for MBAs... they were considered as management people... but now the situation changed... MBAs are emplyed in BPOs for less than 15k. The reason is more MBA colleges and More output... the same situation is happening in CA. 

An MBA graduate is replaced by B.com graduate becasue they expect less salary than MBA... this made MBA people ready to work for less salary and demand for them has come down... Now MBAs except best B schools are treated less than B.com graduates and they are struggling to get a decent Job...

Why i am writing this is , this situation should not come to CAs... CA was my dream course... but i couldnot pursue it because of financial problems... 

Now what industry is looking is Core knowledge in the domain, Excellent communication, aptitude, creative thinking and non conventional way of working... So please update these... The course is simply a passport... In this modren world, Experience, skill and knowledge in particular domain is more important than a degree.... The world has changed now... Industries started looking for low cost human resources... 

I suggest to look for opportunities in profit center of the company i.e, production like IT consultant, Investment banking, etc rather than cost center jobs...

All the best friends... Sorry if i hurt anyone.... This is my experience in industry... 

3 Like

Hetal (Student CS) (189 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

yes, the scenario is very bad rite nw ....... actualy i feel really sad for the current CA's .... as compared 2 other professionals r pass out ratio is way too less ..... stil after getin d degree v r jus at par wid dem ven it cums 2 package ....... so d yrs lost coz of d so called " CA standard pass out Ratio " is literally lost n , may i add, not worth it too ...... feel pity dat r institute does nothin 4 dis ...... really saddening

P.S. - i wud not recommend ne1 CA .... 

A-G-V (Student) (571 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

and in CAclub India itself i see many infos abt the recent job openings... y dont u try them?

CA Rakesh Goenka (CA & CS) (872 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

VERY WELL  SAID MR Rajesha 

(Guest)

Ganesh, even in Naukri , Times job, Monster many openings are there... But getting a call from the company is difficult now... Companies normally look for referal due to low cost of recruitment... Job search is very painful aspect if you have a dream career...All the best... My suggestion is go for some ERP package like SAP , oracle financials which is one of the bright career now.... and CAs will be given red carpet welcome... They can become IT consultants...

caameet (CA) (86 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

renu singh>>>>

i have visited more than 50 ca firms and they people silmly said that we have no vacancy, thats why i said that they arnt not interesstd in watching  my CV.

caameet (CA) (86 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

mr rakesh........

how will you find that ur CV is not well prepared???????

you have to read it once na??

when nobody is intereted in accepting ur CV without refernce then how can you say that make a proper CV????

1 Like

Rajeshwar (student) (35 Points)
Replied 15 April 2012

HI All,

I just heard recently after CWA institite has changed it's named and recent changes in law for compulsary cost audit for manufacturing companies has boosted the CWA qualified people. all the indian MFG companies like Coal India, MMTC, BHEL, NTPC, Oil India are going to CWA campus placements. I also heard CWA institute has fix minimum fee for any Cost Audits

In the last CWA campus placements every CWA student got a job with hefty package and highly demand. CWA institute has also made some good contacts with international institutes and got equal degree there as well. 

I am not able to understand why CA institute is not making such progress.

Doing a ERP is not the solution to it, doing ERP jobs is also a challenge since you will have to travel with in country, you cannot establish at one place, your kids education have to shift every time. you will work as a software engineer for 10 year post qualification later you will never reach or grow to CEO, MD or any top management by just doing ERP, currently CEO and top management are paid in Crores(top ten is earning 50 to 90 crores per annum) and they all are on high demand. but India is lacking best CEO and MD who can really manage the corporates. The stuff and Caliber the CA has he/she can look for such directions and destinations. keep in mind, now in india top 50 CEO's, MD's and top management who are ruing the Finance industry are CA's.

Today even MBA's from Campus placements are paid more then CA Campus placements. it is all the mind set of the institute which has to be changed to place the CA students. Make international by lateral agreements to give the recognition to students.

Now a days Banking & Financial industry is having hot opening for CA's you can look for 

The other direction is think of staring up your own practice initially you may be struggling for 6 months to 1 year and later once you have got enough clients you will shine. Now a practicing CA earns very good then an employee CA. you will get decent number of bank audits allotted as well.

Just start your practice with few individual returns, partnerships and look for private company audit and you will grow slowly.

Today for a qualified CA considering the present situation it is better to start practice. Hope my suggestions help you all

Thanks

Raj

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: