Easy Office
LCI Learning

Are you depressed?

Page no : 3

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 19 December 2011

Dear Naresh,

According to your result in the test, you are in the zone of depression. It seems changing your stream from Science has something to do with it. What do you say? What do you say? Keep writing. I'll share my story later which will give you something to ponder over. And I'm sure you'd find that many years ago, somebody chose your path, failed repeatedly for various reasons, yet weathered the storm and tasted success.

Best of luck.

Naresh (CA ) (365 Points)
Replied 19 December 2011

No one had forced me to enter this course of CA, neither was i weak in science, i was also able to clear tough entrance exam to NIT i.e AIEEE, but it was only my decision to enter this course because i engineering was never my dream nor my intrest, My entrance to CA i.e CPT was also very good and I also got used to Accounts very quickly, there were many instances when I answered question challanged my my Accounts sir to whole class in the very begining of the classes, law and eco I enjoy as if I am reading some magazine, it had never been ever before in my life with any subject, Maths is my fav. from childhood and is the subject because of which I was known in my school, (infact i feel proud now, because I can now i understand CNBC, NDTV profit and other govt. policies all the things FDI, decrease in IIP etc etc, Until today these TV channels made no difference from any or sun tv which i could never undestand).

The only difference I feel in my life today is fun, I enjoyed so much with my friends and now its like all over, I do spend my weekend with my old friends. Never expected my life could get this serious at the age of only 18

2 Like

CA Pallav Singhania (❤ Work Hard Party Harder ❤)   (32532 Points)
Replied 19 December 2011

I scored an Eight...

I think....mild depression is required...for everyone...by which....brain can works...

(Guest)

21 is my score 

Replied 22 December 2011

Changing of streams does not necessarily carry the impression of weakness, dear Naresh. Your account is in itself a testimony to the fact.

Life is never the same after we reach ( or just cross, as the case may be ) 18, i.e., after 10+2. Changes happen to us aplenty, you very well know that. Now, in order to get accustomed to the changes we have to develop some kind of ' Defence mechanism' in us and it includes self-introspection - what do we want from our lives? How much can we sacrifice for attainment of our goal(s)? What constitutes prosperity and happiness for me? These are all easy questions but finding answers to them is not so easy. We have to carry on thinking, especially during the idle time. With time answers will change but the journey that life is, will be more meaningful. And this endeavour will, if nothing, make us more analytical, more balanced, more logic-driven and so on.

I told you that I'd share my cup of tea with you and may be it'll be sufficient to say that before changing from Science ( I studied science till 10+2 ) stream to Arts, I had two State Level Merit Scholarships for my results in class 10 and 10+2 to my name. Then, just like you, I joined the then CA Foundation course with my Graduation. But, sometimes, as you know, Man proposes, God disposes.

My life has come a full circle since then covering possibly all the levels of depression. I pray that no second Sourav Banerjee traverse this Planet and if it has to happen, let him be as blessed as I have been.

God bless you, young soul.

1 Like

Replied 23 December 2011

Agree with you Aryan.

But Mansha, so far I know you, 21 is way too high a score for you. What were your responses to the questionnaire?

(Guest)

scored 3, why?? cant they give me more marks, ( kidding da), , Thankyou da, I enjoyed the test,

1 Like

Aseem Watts (CA Final) (289 Points)
Replied 23 December 2011

My score 11

Replied 23 December 2011

Why 3 ??? Dear Harini !!! Because, you are not depressed...inspite of all the involvement in the kitchen. laugh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: