Most useful information for Article Trainees

(Guest)

Dear Friends please read following :

e-Sahaayataa

Grievance Status : Resolved.
Grievance Remark(s) :
06/06/2011 Dear Student ICAI is already in process to address this issue and to take appropriate action.

Your Grievance Details
Grievance No. 020201141788BH
Activity BOS
Region Board of Studies - Noida
Name P Srikanth Yadav
Memebership/Registration No. SRO0271200
Grievance Type Others
Grievance I would like to inform you that atleast 8 out of every 10 Practicing Chartered Accountants are not adhering to Regultion 60 of CA Regulations, 1988 (working hours of Article Trainees). I also find it very strange that the institute is not aware of the working hours of Article Trainees in Big 4 Firms - Delloitte, PWC, KPMG and E&Y and in other big firms and not taking any steps in this regard. The working hours in these firms of Article Trainees generally go well beyond 45 hours per week excluding lunch break. And in the months of May, June, July and August, the working hours of Article Trainee crosses 60 hours (excluding lunch break) in a week. I think since 32 out of the 40 members of the council of the institute are also Chartered Accountants, the institute is not at all considering about the problems being faced by the Article Trainees due to streesful working hours in their Articleship. I agree that Articleship is a very important part of Chartered Accountancy. But we have to spend lots of time preparing for the exams as well because it is only when a student clears the exams, he/she will become a Chartered Accountant even if he has an excellent pratical knowledge.

Hence I request you to take immediate action in this regard to ensure that each and every CA firm in India strictly adheres to Regulation 60 of CA Regulations,1988.
Grievance Date 30/05/2011
Please click here if you want to reopen this grievance.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) | Presentation - How to make use of e-sahaayaata

I request the experts and Article Trainees to give their views