Easy Office

(CA+CS) vs (CA+ICWA) vs (CA + OTHERS)?

Page no : 3

Sangam (CA) (1329 Points)
Replied 29 June 2009

most of us are trying for corporates & want to have  many options available

CA + CS is best......... complete knowledge of all company related laws, knowledge of all compliances, Sebi rules, industrial law,& all other related laws which one can think of... u will be d  person who will know all laws affecting company... 

1 Like

phanindra (IFA) (121 Points)
Replied 29 June 2009

Well if u wanna just do rounds on all the acts , sections and sub-sections..and also wanna just deal with matters relating to law then join CS. If u r intrested in core accounting ,finance and decision making then opt for cwa...coz cwa gives tremendous edge in costing and management accounting over CA's...well i have opted for CA+CWA ..coz i always wanted to be in accounting and finance domains....and guys who think that cwa's have edge only in mfg sector are wrong, its not just mfg, even in service industries cwa's can play a significant role be it banking, financial services, insurance, etc....and well no course is superior or inferior to others. They are there to play their own roles, they are good in their places. So stop saying some course is waste or worthless...it jus show how narrow your mind set , vision and knowledge is.....

phanindra (IFA) (121 Points)
Replied 29 June 2009

Originally posted by :Prakash Bishnovat
" do ca+cs but never do icwa it is totally worthless in present day scenerio "

In what way it is worthless?? please enligthen me.....

Kanika Goel (Advisor at PAS) (183 Points)
Replied 04 January 2010

hii...i am pursuing b.com hons final year along with CA...appeared in CA PCC nov 09.......i want to know which is the gud option after completing my graduation.....M.COM,CS,CWA,MBA or any other courses.....

(Guest)

To become Associate member of ICAI, passing of Final exam of CA is sufficient by satisfying article ship .The three years period of article is considered as three years of experience and Associate ship is given in ICAI.

But , if you consider ICWAI the associate membership will be given if the candidate passes Final course of ICWAI and possesses three years of responsible experience. Definitely becoming Associate of ICWAI is difficult and worthy compared to three years of articles experience.

If we compare the required three years of experience for Associate Membership in ICAI and ICWAI
(a) In case of Articles of ICAI specific responsibility is not fixed on person (student) , but in case of ICWAI ( the candidate is mostly employee) the three years of experience is in a job where job responsibility is fixed.
(b) most of the times, in ICWAI the person works and deals in the system of an industry where management practices and finance functionals are present and he learns industry, management and finance practices.
(c ) The article ship experience is an experience gained as a student , i.e. . Normally understanding or working with half or zero knowledge(they are beginers in learning). In case of ICWAI the three years of experience is with in job responsibility . If it is experience as semi qualified of fully qualified , then it is the experience gained with sound subject understanding.

So in case of ICWA , the knowledge gained is more worthy and sound. The depth and scope of learning is more before becoming Associate Member in ICWAI compared to CA.

For better quality in education and knowledge , ICWAI should not think about introducing article ship in its course.

ICAI ALSO SHOULD SERIOUSLY RE-THINK ABOUT ITS ARTICLES AND PROCEDURE OF ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP . IT SHOULD EITHER AVOID ARTICLES OR SHOULD FOLLOW THE PRACTICES OF ICWAI FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP.

Please read the following two links without fail.

1. /forum/icwa-articleship-training-vs-ca-articleship-training-81612.asp?1=1&offset=1

2. https://cmaindia.informe.com/forum/icwai-chapters-f148/again-and-again-discuss-ca-vs-cma-the-facts-t3736.html

1 Like

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 07 December 2010

Get gold medal in CA or rank atleast..no need for any other qualification.Substantiate ur CA degree with good practical knowlegde;develop soft skills,understand people,develop good presentation skill.Qualification does matter but it is the performance thats matter at the end.Do anything with utmost perfection-money n fame follow.But for investment banking job even gold medal in CA is insuffcient to get into goldman sachs etc. then u have to do MBA from IIMS/top 10 b-school.But if u want to make career in accounting/auditing/taxation-CA alone is sufficient.

nirav (final student) (55 Points)
Replied 28 February 2011

ca + cs + mcai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: