Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

Details of previous account are different than present account. Hence claim request cannot be proces

Sreenivas Rachamalla   09 December 2019

Sreenivas Rachamalla

 1 points

| My Other Post


I would like to transfer my PF account from one company to other company, 
Previously i worked in Hyderabad(Telangana) this is my 1st company, which is access to get PF amount, 4 years i was worked there,
in there 4 years, PF amount was credited to my EPF account , I can able to access also. Everything is fine, 
Now i am in Bangalore(karnataka) joined in MNC company, Now i would like to transfer my account to Present company to credit my PF Amount.


1) I login my EPF Account, and press the  online servie->Transfer Request

2)Here it is showing my  Present company details ,Here my details are correct like
   Name(First and last name),Mobile name, AAdhar No, Address everything is same,

3)Here it is asking my PF Account No.(Trust) : I am giving my present company  P.F.Account No (In Edit Box)

4) Select details of previous accounts (which are to be transferred)
   I selected Present Company (Radio button) 

  Member ID / UAN  :  (Edit box)

 Note: If i give  Member id : then error is coming like  Present & Previous member ID's must be different.

           If i give UAN NUMBER  :: Details of previous account are different than present account. Hence claim request                                                               cannot be processed.               

 When ever i press the Get Details Button, after give the Input details.




Any Help appreciated.



Asha Kanta Sharma (Accounts Manager)     05 February 2020

Asha Kanta Sharma
Accounts Manager 
 34 points

View Profile | My Other Post

It is a very common problem in the Provident Fund (PF) transaction and can happen due to many reasons.

First, you need to correct the information of whichever account that is incorrect.

If the current PF account detail is incorrect (like Name, DOB, Gender, etc.), then these can be sent online through the Unified EPFO portal.

Their workflow mailers will send approval requests to employer first.

Then, it will also send mailers to the EPFO field office.

When both of them approve the needed changes takes place.

The whole process of updation may take about a month.

If in case the previous account has incorrect details then, in that case, you may have to approach the HR dept of the previous company.

Try to submit a joint declaration form and correct all the details.

It may not help you much in coordinating with the previous company officials in such a situation.

In this case, you can also try by applying in a physical format that is known as Form 13 but it may be a lot of time-consuming.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »