Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Azeem dehli wala   15 September 2017

Depreciation Rate for Air conditioner

What is the rate of depreciation for air conditioner used in office ?

14 Replies

Ashiwini Ballodia

Ashiwini Ballodia (Founder of TAXounting - Tax & Accounting Consultant)     15 September 2017

As per Income tax it is 15% and it will be in block of Plant & machinery
1 Like
RAJA P M

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     15 September 2017

Yes. 15% depreciation applicable...

1 Like
Poltu Ghosh

Poltu Ghosh (Job)     16 September 2017

I would like to differ. If the A.C. is used in office then it is classified as office equipments and thus depreciation rate is 10%. Only when a.c. is used for production purposes it can be classified as plant and machinery. Then it will attract depreciation rate of 15%.
1 Like
shahyar husain

shahyar husain   05 December 2020

Kindly infrom me for how long do you depreciate air conditioner?
Ashiwini Ballodia

Ashiwini Ballodia (Founder of TAXounting - Tax & Accounting Consultant)     05 December 2020

Under income tax depreciation is not done on individual asset rather it is done on block of asset

Further we have to depreciate till block till it have a single asset

If asset discard than no treatment, if sold than reduce the sale price from block of asset

Thank You
Drake

Drake (Drakus)     29 December 2020

Thank you very much for the information. Recently, I just had to discuss this issue with my superiors and you topic helped me a lot. As a result, the superiors decided to purchase several air conditioners. We still had to decide for a long time where it is best to order the installation of an air conditioner and on the advice of one of the employees we turned to https://www.socool.sg/ and did not regret it. Now finally employees will no longer be very hot in the office in the summer.

Neethi V. Kannanth

Neethi V. Kannanth (.)     13 January 2021

Would profit or loss arise on sale of air conditioner or any other depreciable asset used in the business?

RAJA P M

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     13 January 2021

Yes... profit or loss will be at sale of FA...
Neethi V. Kannanth

Neethi V. Kannanth (.)     13 January 2021

Would that profit be treated as capital gain?

1 Like
RAJA P M

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     13 January 2021

Would that profit be treated as capital gain?

- Yes...
1 Like
Krishna Chaudhary

Krishna Chaudhary (Accountant)     16 January 2021

Depreciation rate will be 15%
2 Like
CA Rashmi Gandhi

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant)     30 January 2021

Depreciation rate will be 15% as per IT Act

SallyLawrence

SallyLawrence (faf)     11 May 2021

The cost of acquiring fixed assets is written off using depreciation.

SallyLawrence

SallyLawrence (faf)     11 May 2021

The cost of acquiring fixed assets is written off using depreciation. This process in tax and accounting is carried out in different ways. However, regardless of this, when non-circulating funds enter the organization, the need arises to establish its useful life, that is, such a time period during which the object will bring benefits, and based on this, assign the air conditioner to one of the depreciation groups.
But good care and timely repair in case of breakdown can slow down the wear of the air conditioner. This can extend its validity by an extra couple of months for sure. Always ask to [url=https://epicductcleaning.com.au/duct-cleaning-sunbury/] have your equipment repaired [/url]. Good luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags