Depreciation calculation for motorbike

honorable expert persons,


what is the depreciation rate of percentage for motorbike (bike)?? which depreciation method I should have to do


for instance if I bought a motor bike on 12.6.2017 the cost is RS 45,500 means while I am making for balance sheet 2019 to 2020 31 St March balance sheet which depreciation value I have to show in my BS ???


please I need a calculations
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores how to calculate depreciation for a motorbike. It clarifies that under the Income Tax Act, 1961, the depreciation rate for motorcycles is 15% using the Written Down Value (WDV) method. The expert provides an example calculation for a bike purchased in 2017, showing how to determine the WDV for balance sheet purposes in 2019-2020.

I guess all corporate or company assets are insured as per the statute

https://www.icicilombard.com/blogs/two-wheeler-insurance/bike/understand-the-depreciation-value-of-your-two-wheeler

As per IT act, depreciation on motor cycle is 15%.
Depreciation is allowable as expense in Income Tax Act, 1961 on basis of block of assets on Written Down Value (WDV) method.

WDV as on 31.03.2018 ==  0.85 (C)

As per attached file

== 0.614125 C == Rs. 27943.

My honourable Dhirajlal sir ,kindly I need clarification about this calculations?? sorry pardon

Already given details in the attachment ...  Download it.. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details