Depreciation

Since I m in proprietorship
business & I purchase a refrigerator for personal use...
can I show this as an asset on my business or not???
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores whether a refrigerator purchased for personal use can be claimed as a business asset for depreciation. The general consensus is that only assets used directly for business purposes are eligible. However, one viewpoint suggests it might be possible if your business and residence are the same location and the appliance serves a business function.

No you can't show that since only assets used for business purposes can be shown in balance sheet. refrigerator purchase for personal use to be shown as drawings
I agree with Mr.Giridhar
I think it can be shown as a business asset, If you have Both your Business place and Residence are same. As if you are using the refrigerator for the business purpose.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details