Easy Office
LCI Learning

Demand of Rs. 3 by intimation under U/S 143(1)

Page no : 2

SALONI DUA (ARTICLE) (25 Points)
Replied 07 January 2011

If u have received intimation thru e-mail, agar aap mail padhenge to usme likha hota hai, that DEMAND OF RS 100/- OR MORE IS MANDTORY TO BE DEPOSITED.

Therefore demand of less than Rs 100 need not to be deposited.

V P Narasimhan (Accounts Manager) (791 Points)
Replied 07 January 2011

Dears

We have recd Rs: 10/- as tax due but we have paid,since after some period if we get another notice with interest & calims for default in payment why should it drags on for ever. So we have closed the file.

CA Sourabh Agarwal (Chartered Accountant) (4240 Points)
Replied 07 January 2011

Originally posted by : nba

Demand is for the difference in calculating interest under section 234C. CPC calculated Rs. 3 more than what I did. I filled return electronically and got digitally signed intimation via email.

hii.........

i think that if u go thru the terms at last page.............there's clearly written that no demand upto rs. 100 needs to be paid.

Rock on (CA Final) (340 Points)
Replied 07 January 2011

See the mail correctly............ it is mentioned there is no need to deposit  the demand upto Rs. 100............  so u shouldn't have to do any thing in this regard.

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 08 January 2011

Either 

Forget that you received one deamdn notice for Rs.3.

or 

(Humour)

Keep ready Rs.3 with you to pay it whenever further notice comes to you by the department. 

Satheesh Kumar (student) (87 Points)
Replied 08 January 2011

In my case i would tear off that, who is gonna waste time for such stupid liabilty raised, u are wasting your time by doing so , use  the intimation for eating hot bondazzz! he he

1 Like

ANKIT (CA STUDENT) (24 Points)
Replied 08 January 2011

Dear all student,

first of all see section 288 (B) of the income tax Act, 1961

in that section  any sum payable by an assesee and tha amount of  a refund due under the provision of the act see be rounded odf to the nearest Rs. 10 w.e.f. july 2006

so in intemetion U/S 143 (1) of the income no need to pay Rs. 3

thanx

1 Like

nba (abcd) (50 Points)
Replied 11 January 2011

Update:

I talked to CPC Bangalore Call Center and they confirmed that no need to pay any tax. No need to pay tax if demand is less than Rs. 10. I got email just to notify me.

Thanks for the replies.

Somebody replied saying 'bad question'. Just imagine yourself waiting at IT bhavan to meet AO. if you are lucky, problem will be solved on the first visit else keep visiting!!!! -:)

Mayur Arora (CA Final) (295 Points)
Replied 14 February 2011

u should ignore such demand raised by the department.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: