Delay "fees u/s 234f" demanded for revised return! what to do?

Hi Friends,

I filled my ITR as ITR-1 before the due date, but later I filled a revised return as ITR-2 (which was the correct ITR category). Now I e-verified only the revised return and not the original one.

The problem is that a few days back I got INTIMATION U/S 143(1) wherein Rs 5000/- has been deducted from my refund as "Fees U/S 234F" and ITR type shown ITR-2 (which is correct) ORIGINAL (which is wrong).

How can I get this rectified? I do not see any entry on e-Processing tab on income tax website.

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep

 

Replies (5)

Did you e-verify the oiginal ITR-1?

I e-verified ITR-1 after getting the intimation.
you have to pay the fees 234F.... merely submitting the Return of Income and not e verifying it...it doesn't means that you have e-file your return of income in time.....The process of submission of return of income is said to completed only if you evrify the return of income in due time.....So in your case you have to pay the delay fees.....

@ sandipnokia100 Are you implying that e-verification also has to be done before the due date?

I submitted ITR-2 using the java utility provided by the IT Dept and it did not show any penalty due to 234F since it was a revised return.

 

yes.... unless you don't want to verify your return....234F will be still applicable....and it will take effect after it is processed u.s 143(1).....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details