Delay in refund

Dear Sirs,

I am a NRI. My income during Fy 18-19 was lower than Rs.2.5 lakhs. But the Banks as per rules as applicable for NRI have deducted Taxes from Interests credited. I had filed ITR-2 on June 13, 2019. I am to get refund. Even after TWO months, I have NOT received the Refund. The web portal of my account shows the Status as "E-verified". I am not seeing further progress since two months.

Can you please explain why there is such long delay when I understand that it is computer verification/checking only?

Subramanian

Replies (3)
Apparently it could be bcoz of load. Wait for a month. You will receive interest also on refund
please raise a grievance at portal after login against this you will get reply for the issue confirm
For status of refund you can visit TIN NSDL website

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details