Deduction U/s. 80C?

Sathish Karunakaran (ACA) (614 Points)

05 November 2007  

If an assessee invests sums in any category that specified u/s. 80C out of Income/amount/sums which is not chargeable to income tax, then is he/she eligible to claim deduction under this section? (Example. invested in PPF out of matured proceeds of bank FDs). I have browsed the section 80C for clarification, where i can't find the phrase "to be invested out of income chargeable to tax in relation to previous year of the assessee".

Kindly solve my query.

Thanks and best wishes to everybody.