If I paid TDS for Dec 09 on 8th Jan .. Will it be accepted?
WIll the expenses be allowed to take in account?
If I paid TDS for Dec 09 on 8th Jan .. Will it be accepted?
WIll the expenses be allowed to take in account?
expenses will be allowed no problems and tds payment will also be accepted.
Interest will be payable for one month over & above the amount of TDS
Mr. Satish is right. Interest will be applied for one month.
the expenses will be disallowed if TDS is not deposited till the end of the previous year. Refer Sec. 40a(ia)(b)
but TDS need to be deposited with interest as mentioned earlier by Mr. Satish
Thanks guys. I have made payment of the TDS amount without interest. Can I leave the assessment part on the IT dept.?
Dear Abhinav,
As rightly said by Mr. Satish, U Should deposit Interest @ 1% on the amount of TDS...
U can deposit a separate challan of nterest no issues with that..But don't wait for the department to catch u..
Exp will be allowed and payment of TDS will also be accepted, but u will have to pay interest @ 1% p.m.
say tds be 10000. Rate of int is 1%. Int will be. 100 RS. AM I RIGHT.
| Originally posted by : anuj dhingra | ||
![]() |
say tds be 10000. Rate of int is 1%. Int will be. 100 RS. AM I RIGHT. |
![]() |
yes... interest at 1% per month on TDS Value... viz. Rs.100 on Rs.10,000
expenditure is allowed for deduction but interest paid for one month
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies
Click here to Login / Register
AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP
Thane
CA Final
View Details
MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY
Noida
CA Inter
View Details
Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited
Noida
CA Inter
View Details
Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant
Pune
B.Com
View Details
CCI
Pro
India's largest network for
finance professionals