Easy Office
LCI Learning

Cs executive study preparation

Page no : 3

satheesan harsha kumar (student) (89 Points)
Replied 23 February 2012

iam giving the sify computer course examination can anyone help me with the kind of questions that will be asked

Harshal Pramod Baser (Jalgaon) (45 Points)
Replied 23 February 2012

hello friends, rahul can u please tell me that how to get SIP exemption on basis of work experience. i am going to give june-12 cs executive exam, is SIP, computer training, paper sheets are they all compulsory to give exam. please help at your earliest i am a CA - Final student completed my articleship. Thanks.

jrmchess (na) (197 Points)
Replied 23 February 2012

Originally posted by : Harshal Pramod Baser
hello friends,
rahul can u please tell me that how to get SIP exemption on basis of work experience.
i am going to give june-12 cs executive exam,
is SIP, computer training, paper sheets are they all compulsory to give exam.
please help at your earliest
i am a CA - Final student completed my articleship.
Thanks.

1. yes SIP and computer training compulsory before executive module

2. exemption for computer training:

you can enrol for test from sify (check link: https://www.icsi.edu/WebModules/LinksOfWeeks/OnlineExemptionTestSIFY.pdf). you don't require any certificate or prior training for exemption.

3. exemption from SIP:

check question 34 in link: https://www.icsi.edu/WebModules/LinksOfWeeks/FAQ-Training.pdf

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 24 February 2012

Dear CS Students,

As CS December Exams are just round the corner so would request you to note some of useful suggestions from my side. I have also shared these suggestions through PMs and forums. Hope you find them useful:

1. First kindly appreciate that panic is not the solution or substitute for exam preparation. So never waste your time and think positively. Plan and start your study accordingly as early as possible. Stay away from unnecessary Exam stress.

2. You must understand few basic things necessary for CS preparation. So workout a study plan and study according to the same. You may also take help of your friends and seniors around. Also analyse the exam pattern properly.

3. Revision is very -2 important so prepare a good revision schedule and follow the same strictly. Good revision is a key to success.

IF YOU ARE PREPARING WELL FROM THE BEGINNING:

4. If you are preparing for the exams from the very beginning then this is the time for revision and addition of some new and imp topics to your treasure. In CS do not change the books and notes quickly without sufficient reason. Stick to the notes and books selected earlier.

5. Give first preference to the study material provided by the ICSI. Especially for theory subjects like Company Law and Economic Law

6. In CS Exams Law basics must be strong so never hesitate to discuss the topics with your friend for better grip. A healthy discussion helps you recall provisions/contents in a much better way. This is one of my old suggestions but this is something very very important.

SCANNAER…BACKBONE OF CS

7. In CS scanner is one of the most vital tool to succeed. So after your initial preparation don’t forget to check your preparation from scanner. In my opinion every question of Scanner should be on your figure tips. This is very imp for your own confidence.

To complete the question given in scanner take the help of ICSI guideline answer, as the case may be.

8. For CS preparation it is also worthy to note that in CS the percentage of repetition of previously asked questions are a bit high as compared to CA so it is advisable that during study time note the imp topics or make short notes for them. It would be very helpful for you during last time revision. Prepare short notes for frequently asked questions and revise them properly.

USE BARE ACTS

9. In CS sections and case laws are very important so this is the high and right time to lift your study standards. As per my personal opinion you should 100% go for Bare Act reading. There is no harm in developing a habit to refer bare act. Kindly understand Bare Act is not for preparation and just for reference purpose. You can always refer particular section from Bare Act very quickly.

IF YOU HAVE JUST STARTED THE PREPARATION:

As time is less for preparation so I would advise you to base your preparation on Scanner. Use ICSI guideline answers for preparation. After Scanner give sound reading to some more topics important from the exam point of view.

Time management is important so take care of that. Give First preference to those subjects which are not amongst your favourite after that prepare those subjects you are comfortable with.

Also adopt the suggestions given in above points keeping in view the availability of time. Don’t forget to take reasonable rest during study to recharge you.

10. Have faith in your abilities and never underestimate your worth. Keep your confidence high bcoz self confidence is very important to succeed in life.

PLEASE FIND BELOW FEW CONNECTED LINKS TO HELP YOU FURTHER:

1.         ALL MY EXAM TIPS AT ONE PLACE

/forum/all-my-exam-tips-at-one-place-57189.asp    

2.        CS EXECUTIVE: EXAM PREPARATION TIPS FOR GCL_GROUP-I

/forum/cs-executive-exam-preparation-tips-for-gcl-group-i-91573.asp   

3.        EXAM ORIENTED NOTES AT ONE PLACE

/forum/my-one-year-journey-of-caclubindia-ankur-garg-62877.asp           

4.        CACLUBINDIA FORUM SUGGESTIONS AND TIPS           

/articles/cs-ca-pcc-final-suggestions-and-tips-5779.asp     

5.         HOW TO START YOUR EXAM PREPARATION

/forum/how-to-start-your-exam-preparation-92719.asp   

6.        SELF STUDY VS. COACHING CLASSES

/forum/self-study-vs-coaching-classes-a-whole-new-analysis-77537.asp               

7.        SOMETHING STRAIGHT FORWARD TO HANDLE EXAM STRESS!!!

/forum/something-straight-forward-to-handle-exam-stress--99970.asp               

8.        360 DEGREE APPROACH TO SUCCEED IN CA OR CS !!!

/forum/360-degree-approach-to-succeed-in-ca-or-cs--95860.asp               

Sincerely hope that you’ll find the above points useful. Hence you all are requested to share your views/opinions and guidance.

With Regards

Ankur Garg

1 Like

Replied 24 February 2012

After Scanner add some more topics to Succeed !!!

Dear CS, CA and CWA Students,

Last week one of caclub member has asked me this question---Is Scanner enough for CS or CA preparation or do we need to put some extra efforts to ensure success?

My reply to this question was simple and straight. According to me Scanner plays an important role in CA or CS Exams. But 100% dependency on Scanner is not advisable. Simply because there is no need to do so. Our Institute Study Material is full of various exam oriented topics and a sound understanding or reading of these topics is very much advisable for enhanced exam confidence.

So as per my advice never stop or restrict your preparation to Scanner. Always add something extra to your study or knowledge apart from Scanner or previously asked exam questions.

Here we must understand that preparation based on Scanner is just another name of selective study which is not advisable in every situation especially when you have ample time for exam preparation. Selective study is not advisable for long term professional success.

However if you are doing job or for some other unavoidable reasons you have less time to prepare for exams then you may go for selective study through Scanner and suggested answers issued by the respective institutes.

Through this brief write up an attempt has been made to through some light on the above mentioned aspect of exam preparation. I’m sincerely hoping that through this write up some constructive conclusion would come for aspiring professional course students.

Please note and observe this advice carefully….

As we all know that in CS, CA or other similar professional exams Scanner is one of the most vital tool to succeed. So it is advisable to complete your Scanner as early as possible. For this purpose it is advisable to take the help of Institute suggested answers of previous exams. Further there days solved Scanners are also available.

After gaining desired confidence about frequently asked questions in exam do not need to sit idle or feel relaxed. It is very much advisable to add some more topics from Institute Study Material which is easy and manageable. These additional topics will give you more idea about other topic or chapters and enhance your confidence automatically.

This confidence shall include ---- The feeling that you have prepared something extra and relevant apart from Scanner. As we all know that in the exam hall a small hint about the unknown question is enough to attempt that question. So avoid complete ignorance about any topic. Give a cool reading to some extra topics, which as per your own observation are easy and useful for exams.

SECETION CRITERIA

As time is less so additional topics should be selected carefully. One of the essential conditions to prepare extra topics is that you have completed your Scanner. According to me few basic points of selection are:

1. As per your own estimation topic should be relevant for exam.

2. Topic should be easy to retain in short span of time and not a complex one.

3. Topic should be connected to your earlier preparation or topic and must be capable to maintain some sort of connectivity with other prepared topics.

4. Topic should be less time consuming as far as length and preparation is concerned.

Would request you to give this advice a try and prepare as much extra topics as possible for enhanced exam confidence. Sincerely hope that you find this suggestion useful.

If you find the above write up useful kindly share your thoughts/guidance.

Best Regards

Ankur Garg

2 Like

Replied 24 February 2012

Hi Ankur thanks for the suggestions. I have just started preparing and will appear for cs exec in dec both modules. But please tell me why do you think time is less? Aren't 9 months enough for preparation? Also what does bare act reading mean? Thanks

Replied 24 February 2012

Originally posted by : jrmchess
Hi Ankur thanks for the suggestions. I have just started preparing and will appear for cs exec in dec both modules. But please tell me why do you think time is less? Aren't 9 months enough for preparation? Also what does bare act reading mean?

Thanks

Hi Friend,

Yup 9 months are enough for best preparation. This is one of my previous article for students with less time for preparation. I posted the same for reference purpose only. It may be helpful for new members of Caclubindia.

I wish you all the best for grand success in your CS Exams.

Ankur

1 Like

Replied 24 February 2012

You are humbly requested to refer the link mentioned below for exam oriented suggestions and tips:

I am sure this link contained the solution of all your doubts regarding exam preparation like presentation and writing skills, attempting practical and theory paper etc.

All my Exam tips in Caclubindia at one place –revised

/forum/all-my-exam-tips-at-one-place-revised-118812.asp

Regards

Ankur

Replied 24 February 2012

Dear Ankur,

I am a non commerce student. Can you please advise me what is the best way to study for practicals in Tax Laws and Company Accounts, Cost & Management Accounting papers? Are books from Sangeet Kedia good enough?

Thanks

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)
Replied 27 February 2012

ASHOK KUMAR :

Dear Friend... Plz tell me that which books are suitable for passing the CS executive Module-II exam bcoz i am appearing in June, 2012. Plz reply me ashoknop @ gmail.com Ashok Kumar CS Exe Student

click

Cs executive study preparation

p (student) (34 Points)
Replied 18 March 2012

tell me the procedure of filling exam form and fees amt of june 2012 module 1..

i think last sate in 25th march. plz reply fast in brief

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: