CPE Hours for New Members

Chartered Accountant

As Per the Info I had,

That first year exemption is for all the Members who got enrolled, not only for the People who takes COP.

My Doubt is as follows,

I got enrolled in Dec 2009. The rolling Period is 2008-2010.

So in 2010 itself  I need to Complete 45 CPE Hrs or only Prorate is enough...

Pls Clarify...

Articled Assistant

Hiiii

i had Cleared My C.A final in May 2010 and registered in Oct'10 please can you reply me what is Cpe hours since i m in industry i have to complete 10 hours in a year

and from which period it starts and which training or seminar we have to attend how do we know???/

Hi I enrolled with ICAI in January 2012.

I know that Members are exempted from CPE requirements in the first year, but my query is

IN CASE WE ATTEND SEMINARS IN THE FIRST YEAR (WHICH IS ACTUALLY EXEMPTED), DO WE GET CREDIT FOR THE SAME IN THE NEXT YEARS ???

Please somebody help me for the same.

Thank you...

Hi,

I have been granted COP in April 2012. So I am exempt from attending CPE hours for the calendar year 2012. But what if I attend in 2012 ? Would i get the credit of these  CPE hours in the next year?? i.e. would these CPE hours would be counted for the next year??

I have completed CA in Nov 2011 and enroll as a member in April 2012,till when i am exempted from CPE Hours.

CPE credit Hours requirements for the block of 3 years started with effect from 01-01-2011 to 31-12-2013  to be complied with by different categories of members:

A. All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are holding Certificate of Practice (except all those members who are residing abroad) are required to:

a)         Complete at least 90 CPE credit hours in each rolling three-year period of which 60 CPE credit hours should be of structured learning.

b)      Complete minimum 20 CPE credit hours of structured learning in each year.

B. All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are not holding Certificate of Practice or all the members who are residing abroad (whether holding Certificate of Practice or not) are required to:

(a)        Complete at least an aggregate of 45 CPE credit hours of either structured or unstructured learning (as per their choice) in each rolling three-year period (i.e. from 1/1/2011 to 31/12/2013)

(b)     Complete minimum of 10 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either structured or unstructured learning (as per their choice) in each calendar year.

C. All the members (aged 60 years & above) who are holding Certificate of Practice, are required to:

a)         Complete at least an aggregate of 70 CPE credit hours of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per their choice) in each rolling three-year period (i.e. from 1/1/2011 to 31/12/2013).

b)        Complete minimum of 10 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning in the first calendar year i.e. 2011.

c)           Complete minimum of 20 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per their choice) in the second and third calendar years i.e. 2012 & 2013.

D. All the members (aged 60 years and above) who are not holding Certificate of Practice are required to:

a)         Complete at least an aggregate of 35 CPE credit hours of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per their choice) in each rolling three-year period (i.e. from 1/1/2011 to 31/12/2013).

b)        Complete minimum of 5 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning in the first calendar year i.e. 2011

c)         Complete minimum of 10 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning in the second and third calendar year i.e. 2012 & 2013.

As per revised CPE requirements:

A member, for the year during which he gets his membership for the first time is exempted for complying CPE hrs requirements.

where year is a calender year.

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

I am qualified in May 2012 -exams, so my first year was over and due to the exemption information from my seniors , no cpe hours attended. Now for the block period 2011-2013 , is it mandatory to complete 45  cpe hours before 31.12.2013?

pls clarify my doubt .. 

Chartered Accountant

hi all

for three years this post has been going around, more than 10000 persons have seen it and 30 odd have answered, but no clarity, i have a credit of 90 hours as on date after getting enrolled 5 and a half month back, no harm in attending the cpe classes, after all knowledge empowers, so attend the classes for the sake of updating your knowledge, forget that it is mandratory.. come on guys let us learn and update ourselves.

regards

karthismiley

Practice

w.i.r.c has clarifies on this matter which will be cleared from following link & as per it a practicing ca is exempted from c.p.e hours for first year  & will clear all doubts about c.p.e. hours

Link:-http://wirc-icai.org/wirc_referencer/CA%20ACT%20&%20Regulations/CPE.htm

Total likes : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU