Could I continue CA later?

Hello,

 

I cleared my Foundation and Intermediate (Group 1). 

However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to start working. 

 

I'd like to continue my academics in the future, though.

 

Will I need to reappear for Foundation and Intermediate exams if I want to resume in the future?

 

Please help me understand the rules put in place by ICAI. 

 

Thank you.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
A student who has cleared CA Foundation and Intermediate Group 1 is concerned about resuming their studies later due to work commitments. They want to know if they'll need to retake the exams they've already passed, especially if the syllabus has changed. The advice given is that they won't need to re-appear for cleared exams, but the student is still seeking clarification on how syllabus changes might affect continuing with future groups.

No, you don't need to again reappear for Foundation and Intermediate Grup 1 exam as you have already cleared it.

The reason I'm concerned is that ICAI's subjects inherently required changes in the syllabus from time to time. If I want to appear for Group 2 a few years later, could I continue with group 2, or will I have to revert to Foundation and restart?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details