Easy Office

costing---my way to study

Page no : 3

manoj kumar dubey (article) (29 Points)
Replied 08 January 2010

anyone have costing questions for pract. pcc

CA. Amit Chimnani (PARTNER ) (205 Points)
Replied 08 January 2010

Hi priya i am facing the same problem in costing. igot 44 &41 in my previous 2 attempts and now also i am not expecting more than that.i am also thinking that if i will be failed in 2nd group i should take the costing classes again.as we all know that after results there will be 100 days only for all subjects.can you advice a single book or any other suggestions to get the better results.

(Guest)

Colin Dury Costing book u mean the one with Book Title "Management Accounting for Business Decision: ? 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Amit. C( C.A FINAL)
Hi priya i am facing the same problem in costing. igot 44 &41 in my previous 2 attempts and now also i am not expecting more than that.i am also thinking that if i will be failed in 2nd group i should take the costing classes again.as we all know that after results there will be 100 days only for all subjects.can you advice a single book or any other suggestions to get the better results.

I did not clear my CA final due to only costing both my earlier attempts.I got just pass and fail mark once in the subject.Rest of the subjects I managed to get from 50 to 59 !!(so missing exemption!)

So, this attempt,Im going with renwed vigour analysing my past mistakes in this subject.

The subject is not difficult as manythink.I came to this conclusion after i discussed with one rankholder.I got advices from rankholders...they(rankholders) have proved soemthing in CA so i took their advices...

One ranker who got a whopping 92% marks gave me this advice.

IM not attending any classes,never attended any for my ca final except for accountancy....I dotn believe in classnotes...most of it is a clver marketign my the classes which makes students think they cant clear ca without them...they create a dependency route for us...dont believe them...

dont waste ur time attendign classes...this is my sincere advice...u already cleared the paper twice so this means u are gud ...just that it needs finetuning...

so u need to have some depth....

1. WORK out all problems from Padhukas--three times atleast.

2. Work out all problems from Study materail and compiler(last 10 attempts enough,dont go beyond that as it is overkill of time)...now,here padhukas also covers many problems of old attempts and even from rtp and study material so...this will make this step easier if you have covered padhukas fully 3 times.

3.Now, during the 3 times study of padhukas if you find you need some indepth knowledge and understanding(padhukas is not adequate in explainign concepts...just mainyl questions and answers...maybe if u attend saravana prasath's(author of padhukas books) classes in chennai using padhuka's books then u are gud but for ppl like us in delhi,we need some gud advanced reference book for ca final level.So, I chose colin drury as many problems used to come from this book verbatim(and also cima material).You can also choose vanhorne or other foreign author books.So, for selected topics(NOT ALL) just look how the author has handled the subject...most of our books are jkust lifts from the foreign books(but very poor lifts/vopies in that they dotn explain the concepts well)...so u will understand better...if you have time...onmly if u have time..work out a few problems from colin drury back of each chapter....have student and teachers manual(these contain solutions to the problems)..i bought the indian chepear edition in delhi of colin drury alongwith student's manula...teacher's manual i got it from my relative who  lives abroad.(u can also get it in some shop which sells foreign author books)....go through the solutions given in the colin drury...dont keep banging ur head for each and every problem...its gonna take lot of time...so simplify and use commonsense here...so dont depend or waste time too much on colindrury...just depend on steps 1 and 2 which i gave...thats it u are a super-costing student...

4. Practice for time in the end...this u have 2 do in april not now it self....u must not waste time on problems in costing in the exam...so know some exam techniques specifically for costing...follow what ankur garg said in the forum for practical papers...

Uttamprakash agarwalki kasam aap is baar paashonge'!! hehe!

(Guest)

This is the book...cover page design and colour might be different ....

below is student's manual which ahs 1/2 soltuions of problems in the book and the rest are in teachers manual...

https://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/184480030X.01._SX220_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Replied 08 January 2010

Thanks a lot Priya.. As results date is announced ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND ALL MY OTHER FRDS. I wish that results % will be much more higher this time.If i need than i will contact you again through this caclub.Bye

(Guest)

I did not give the Nov 2009 attempt.Im giving on May 2010...so anyways,thanks for your wishes.

WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK!!!

Replied 08 January 2010

Ok ....Thanks for your wishes

(Guest)

Bunch of Thanks to you Priya.

But why did you leave out 'ASHISH KALRA'.

I do understand it's after all an individual's strategy and choice, but I'm just curious.

Best.

sahil (LEARNER) (371 Points)
Replied 05 April 2010

thanx

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: