Correction of bill after filing GSTR-3B

I have availed ITC for a bill that was not filed by the vendor. I have already reversed the ITC in the subsequent month's GSTR-3B. Is it now allowed to correct the bill too? Or I must keep it as it was?
Replies (10)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses a query about correcting a purchase bill after availing and subsequently reversing Input Tax Credit (ITC) in GSTR-3B. The user reversed the ITC in a later filing and updated their books. The core question is whether the original purchase bill can be amended after GSTR-3B and GSTR-1 have been filed for the relevant period, especially since the ITC reversal has already been accounted for.

You have to pass the ITC reversal entry in your book data. Because otherwise your book's GSTR-3B and portal's GSTR-3B will not match.
Yes you can issue a fresh invoice

@ Sourav it was a purchase bill, not a sale invoice. Am I allowed to correct the same after filed?

@ Kumar Rajat I have already updated the purchase bill. The ITC got reversed in the book. My question is am I allowed to make such changes to the purchase bills after my GSTR-3B & GSTR-1 has been filed for that month?

It might not possible
Let me understand clearly. You availed ITC and subsequently reversed? Now is the query about availing ITC against the same invoice but there is a change in the invoice?

@ CMA Poornima Madhava

No. The query is about if I can update the input tax in the purchase bill or not since I have already reversed the ITC?

What do you mean by updating input tax credit in purchase bill?
You do not need to make any changes to GSTR- 3B. For your information I would like to update you that the effect of purchase bill is only in GSTR-3B and not in GSTR-1.
Agree

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details