Confusion in bank a/c validation in new e-filing portal

In the new e-filing portal, in my profile section, my two bank accounts are described as “Validated”. The validation was done only in the old portal. I have selected first bank account for ‘refund’. There is a tab ‘Failed bank accounts’ showing 1 number (though both the accounts have been described as validated). On clicking the tab Failed bank accounts’, the second bank a/c (not selected for refund) appears. My question is even though both accounts are described as ‘Validated’, why one account (not selected for refund) appears under ‘Failed bank a/c’? It is also mentioned that "Validation failed accounts can be viewed under 'Failed bank accounts' tab". What should I do? I have not yet filed return for A.Y 2021-22, since, utility for ITR-3 is yet to be activated.

 

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
Users are experiencing confusion with bank account validation on the new e-filing portal. Despite accounts being marked as 'Validated' from the old portal, one account appears under the 'Failed bank accounts' tab, even though it wasn't selected for refund. This raises concerns about potential issues when filing tax returns. Some users suggest re-validating accounts, while others recommend waiting for the portal to be rectified.

I think you have to re-validate your accounts again. i did the same.

@ Sivaramaraju G (Learner)

Thanks.

 

In my old portal, I had similar problem. I had one account which was featuring as validated and was appearing in the removed list. however I used to get refunds in the same account.

@ Karun Menon.

Thanks. But we do not know whether the new portal will create any problem is filing the return, if one validated account appears in Failed Account also. 

Suggest we wait for sometime for rectification. I am also equally worried like you as we have never faced this problem in the past. 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details