Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh Kumar Ramasamy (Software Consultant)     27 September 2021

Clubbing of income of major child

So far I have been clubbing, under Section 64(1A), the interest income from my minor son's SB account and Bank FDs. Now he has become major, but he continues to be student, with no income of his own. Which section should I follow?

So far I have been taking an exemption of Rs. 1,500 while clubbing. Is it possible to avail full amount (max Rs. 10000) under section 80 TTA for his SB account (in addition to the deduction for my SB account).

Thanks & Regards.

 2 Replies


JGM (Knowledge Sharer)     27 September 2021

Now that your son is major, the clubbing provision should not apply and the income should be taxed in your son's hands


J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING)     28 September 2021

As soon as your son becomes major (age 18 and above), his PAN Card should be obtained asap. And the Efiling of his income should start on his PAN only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags