Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Clarification on form-16

arun (accountant) (24 Points)

21 July 2021  

The Employee has submitted all the relevant documents for claiming HRA exemption and investments made under section-80C.

However the Employee is supplied with Form-16 with the following errors:

1.Amount exempted u/s 10 for HRA is shown short in Form-16. Now can i file IT return with corrected figures. If i correct from my side, is that acceptable or should i get i get it corrected from employer before filing return.

The employer is refusing to correct.What is remedy

2. One Investment made u/s 80C is excluded, thereby Form-16 is issued with 80C deductions as Rs.120000 instead of Rs.150000. As the TDS collected is more, can i show my investment in ITR, while filing return.

What is the remedy if employer refuses to issue revised form 16


 2 Replies

Anoop srivastava (181 Points)
Replied 21 July 2021

You can correct all these in your income tax return also.. You can also ask your employer to correct the same
1 Like

Yoga M. (99 Points)
Replied 21 July 2021

Hi sir,
no need to worry about that you can file your ITR with correct information but you must keep in mind that you should have a proof that is rented bills for claiming HRA and 80c deductions like premiums receipt, house loan repayment letter Principal proportion etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags