Originally posted by : Sathish M
Revati has applied for Membership vide Form No 2 and her number is not yet allotted, so she seems to ask how will she get to know the status of the application that she has sent to her Decentralized office. Is that what you are trying to ask right, Revati?
You can get in touch with the decentralized office to know the status of your application. Usually, within 15-20 days of posting the application, the accounts department sends you an acknowledgement for receipt of fees. They allot you a temporary control number to correspond with them for any queries.
This is totally wrong. ICAI does not allot any such temporary control number.
It is not a wise point to call ICAI each and every day and inquire whether you are alloted membership number or not.
The only best way to check status of your application is >>>>
1. Go to icai.org
2. Go to Member Section > Members directory search as on date
3. Consider the membership number series of your region i.e. Western or Southern or Central
4. For example you are from western region, then find out last membership number alloted to latest member by trial and error method.
5. For examplae, last number alloted to latest member is 140750, then daily keep searching next numbers i.e. 140751, 140752 etc.
6. One day, you will find your name against some number and that is your membership number
The best online method to trace your membership status and this is totally inexpensive