Change in gst rate traetment

If i purchased a item paying gst at 18%. Later on gst rate chages to 12%. At which rate i will charge gst and why. Is there any extra mechanism works under such crcumstances.
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies how to handle GST when rates change. The key factor is the 'time of supply', which depends on whether the goods were supplied before or after the rate alteration. The applicable GST rate is determined by the date of the invoice or the date of payment receipt, depending on the specific sequence of events.

Check out section 14 of CGST

As per Sec 14 

# If goods supplied BEFORE the change in rate  

Case 1 : S - change in rate - I - R = I or R which ever is earlier 

Case 2 : S - I - change in rate - R = rate on Date of Invoice 

Case 3 : S - R - change in rate - I = rate on Date of receipt of payment 

 

# If goods supplied AFTER the change in rate 

 

Case 1 : I  - R - change in rate - S = I or R which ever is earlier 

Case 2 :  R - change in rate - I - S = rate on Date of Invoice 

Case 3 : I - change in rate - R - S = rate on Date of receipt of payment 

 

* S = Time of Supply 

* R - receipt of payment

* I - date of invoice 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details