Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Change in financial year

Shridhi Jain (Company Secretary)     05 January 2011

Shridhi Jain
Company Secretary 
 155 likes  1678 points

| My Other Post

Dear frnds,

Wat is the procedure for change of financial year of a pvt. ltd co from 12 months to 15 months ?

Only a BR is enough ? As per section 210(4), permission of Registrar is reqd wen the period is extended up to 18 month.

Do we need to inform Registrar ( as permission is not reqd ) for such a change ? Also tell me the relevant rule n regulation where the same is mentioned clearly.

Pls reply...

Regds,

Shridhi Jain

avater

nidhigoel89 (Company Secretary )     05 January 2011

nidhigoel89
Company Secretary  
 66 likes  572 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hello!

I dnt think so there is any prescribed procedure laid down in Co. Act for change in financial year.....as correctly pointed out by u there is jst a restriction given  in sec 210 (4) that in case of financial year is extended by upto18 mnths then approval of registrar is required.........in ur case i think jst a BR and further intimation to ROC is sufficient....................

Others views are solicited.........

Regards

Nidhi

1 Like
avater

HARDIK (COMPANY SECRETARY NCFM (Corporate Governance ))     05 January 2011

HARDIK
COMPANY SECRETARY NCFM (Corporate Governance ) 
 57 likes  664 points

you have to apply for extension of financial year to ROC.

1 Like
avater

Ashish Gupta (CS & Legal)     05 January 2011

Ashish Gupta
CS & Legal 
 9 likes  114 points

No permission required upto 15months. Approval required only for extending beyond 15 months uptill 18 months.

Regards,

Ashish

1 Like

Bela Thakkar (CS)     05 January 2011

Bela Thakkar
CS 
 30 points

In case of change in financial year of the Listed Company, How to go about filing the same with BSE and ROC. Should it be 9 months audited balancesheet? Kindly guide me with the practically of the same.

Regards

Bela Thakkar

avater

Jaideep (Service)     06 January 2011

Jaideep
Service 
 152 likes  1358 points

Hi, Shridhi

No permission required upto 15months. Board Resolution is sufficient fir the purpose. However, Board should pass the necessary resolution before the end of financial year. Also, accordingly take Compliace Certificate, if applicable, for the financial year of 15-months.

For, Listed company, Company needs to intimate board decision for extension to stock-exchange as above i.e. before financial year / quarter ends. Rest of the provision will remain same and follow provisions of listing agreement for 15-months account.

Regards

Jaideep Pandya

1 Like
avater

Shridhi Jain (Company Secretary)     06 January 2011

Shridhi Jain
Company Secretary 
 155 likes  1678 points

Thanks to all of you for your kind reply.

I think in my case, compliance certificate is not applicable as its paid up capital exceeds Rs.5 crore and is employing whole time CS.

aasha (trainee)     31 January 2014

aasha
trainee 
 1 likes  47 points

Dear All...

i want to ask u one question that ....if financial year chang less than 12 month the ROC intimation is require or not ......or if no ...where it is specified in law?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »